NFL: New Anthem Rules, Fines & Other Policies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
No, the military pays for various propaganda efforts for the in-stadium experience, they have no agreement (that I know of) with the television networks (who are not party to a Pentagon-NFL business agreement). The anthems have routinely not been broadcast in lieu of a commercial break, and that isn't something that changed in 2009 either.

The military is nothing but propoganda to begin with. I feel bad for all those kids they manipulate. They get a lot of kids who have no other option. War is profitable, hence America has been in existence for almost 250 years, it's been in a war of some kind for over 220 of them. All og TV and radio is propoganda, it's just called programming. That's all our society is. People are socially programmed and conditioned on how to do everything you do and see on a daily basis. Most of these guys in this league had football as an out but how dod they have to get there? The indoctribation that is college, have to have the grades to play, if you can't play you can't showcase.

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Of course the establishment is propping it up. They don't actually care about these sensitive social justice warrior millenialls. They are just being used as pawns.
This sums up Kaepernick in a nutshell. His girlfriend from Hot 97 is a militant BLM anti-police protestor and has used him to advance her agenda to the point of him losing his professional athletic career.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
neither is the US police force BTW

Washington Post analyses from the past several years show that black males are shot by police at disproportionately high rates. According to several different studies, black men aged 15–34 are between nine and 16 times more likely to be killed by police than other people. In 2017, police killed 19 unarmed black males, down from 36 in 2015, according to The Washington Post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: robertmac43

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Well this is just a blatantly false post

wrong, whitey
Washington Post analyses from the past several years show that black males are shot by police at disproportionately high rates. According to several different studies, black men aged 15–34 are between nine and 16 times more likely to be killed by police than other people. In 2017, police killed 19 unarmed black males, down from 36 in 2015, according to The Washington Post.

It is completely in line that more black males would be shot since statistically blacks commit 52% of homicides despite only making up about 13% of the population, hence a hugely disproportionate level of interaction with police. I don't blame this on skin color, it's all about socio-economic status. People from lower income and lower education backgrounds will commit more crime, black or white. You see this in poor white areas too where there is similar police interaction.

There is no excuse for a bad shooting or for bad cops. Cops that work scared or abuse their authority should be off the force, period. But to say that there is an epidemic of police abuse is completely fraudulent. What you're seeing today is the ubiquitous availability of instant video with cell phones and the spread of information in social networks. There's not more than there used to be, you're just seeing every single incident now under a microscope. If anything the bad shoots are coming down

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The REAL problem is the NFL doesn't actually care, they only care about money. Think highlights, they aren't free, the networks pay the league for those. The NFL is capitalizng off of this CTE stuff, they don't care about the players. They're just using them. Same with the anthem shit. These guys arent too bright. The NFL getting money from the media to fear monger football will bite them in the ass if they don't have enough participation in a generation. The NFL is doing itself a complete disservice. In the short term they are getting stupid rich which is all that matters but long term they'll have issues for burning bridges. People laugh because they make billions a year that the league is fine and will never crumble, it's going to crumble and hard as well as fast, it just won't be today, 5 years from now or even 10, more like 20-30. The NFL will end in our lifetime, I guarantee you that.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
This sums up Kaepernick in a nutshell. His girlfriend from Hot 97 is a militant BLM anti-police protestor and has used him to advance her agenda to the point of him losing his professional athletic career.

I'm against authorities but for all the propping up they are totally crumbling. I think the leaders of BLM have jumped ship. Don't see them much anymore, the protests against the white nationalists neither side showed in droves and the media made some silly excuse about the weather. People in their early to mid 20's won't get it because they aren't far enough removed or are still in the indoctrination system. I've been out long enough to see the transformation. Most adults are not interested in this stuff, it's a group of young people who were sold a lie, bought it and are now screwed. Most of these people are loaded in debt and have no idea how they will survive. The people running these groups profit so they don't truly care if they misinform these people, we are all victims of the system but these people turn innocent people into the victins for the blamers. I'm not even saying i'm a fan of the president but i'm aying these people who are pegging to blame him in office and entertainment are really the one' to blame, hes just their scape goat. I'm not saying he's not his own problem, hes a part of the problem but so are they. It's like the NFL they are their own worst enemy with the anthem and player safety, they DO NOT CARE, they are profiting off of both things. The players are dumb though. They can't see that but I guess these fringe players protesting have nothing to lose. Kaepernick thought his career would blow up, it did, just the opposite direction. Thought if he stood out he would become a stud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad