NFL: New Anthem Rules, Fines & Other Policies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Its not right-wing nuts behind camera's or in booth talking endlessly about it trying to create a story and taking focus off NFL game they are supposed to cover

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Kneeling is considered the highest form of respect and devotation somebody can have. if you kneel before someone you make your stand lower than him , showing him that you respect and trust him. You kneel before a king or during the anthem if you are really devoted to it. i don't see a problem with kneeling when our anthem is playing. Why would i? They make a silent protest without hurting anybody. in my opinion they are doing the right thing (considering only the way they are protesting).
lol come on man, STFU

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
0r79g2gdp0g11.jpg

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
lol come on man, ****
Why would you kneel infront of the queen if she is giving you the nighthood, if it would be showing disrespect for her?
Or to kneel in church. Is that disrespectful too?
I think you are overreacting. Kneeling is alright.
I would do it everytime i go to church. But i am not a patriot (i like my country, is that patriotism?) and we don't play the Anthem before our regular sport events so i think we have a diffrent look on things.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
There's two brands of patriotism;

The normal brand is defined as dictionaries like this; Love of country; devotion to the welfare of one's compatriots; the virtues and actions of a patriot; the passion which inspires one to serve one's country. Basically it's love for one's homeland and the desire to want to make it better for everyone around you

The twisted American version is essentially hyperaggresive nationalism mixed with flaunting their army as an all powerful tool to rule over others with; That is essentially jingoism (Jingoism is defined as; extreme patriotism, especially in the form of aggressive or warlike foreign policy. Sounds like Murica to me)

Reactions: Epsilon and mmvvpp

GordonGecko

First Ping Pong Ball
Oct 28, 2010
New York City
Why would you kneel infront of the queen if she is giving you the nighthood, if it would be showing disrespect for her?
Or to kneel in church. Is that disrespectful too?
I think you are overreacting. Kneeling is alright.
I would do it everytime i go to church. But i am not a patriot (i like my country, is that patriotism?) and we don't play the Anthem before our regular sport events so i think we have a diffrent look on things.
Because that's the accepted behavior, you kneel to be knighted. That's what the crown requires. The anthem tradition is to stand, that is the accepted respectful behavior. Kneeling is making a statement that you do not respect the flag, anthem, and country for whatever political stunt/statement you're trying to make. It's even codified:
36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem

Kaepernick would be standing to get his Knighthood and it wouldn't go over well there either

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere

I love how if you don't agree with the dumbed down sheep in society who are either on government perscribed psychotropics or attend the government institutions(education is nothing more than an indoctrination playground) then you're a right wing nut. You have to follow the masses or you'll be made fun of, like society is so smart or something when most people work a job they f***ING HATE and would not work if they were for free, just to barely get by. Societyu isn't smart, they are nothing but conforned robots who do what theyre told. They're afraid to think for themselves. I am far enough removed from rhe school setting but it was also just 5 years ago that I was finishing up community college. In school they don't want different answers and nor do they encourage different thoughts. They don't want someone with a different opinion to answer and the kids who do have them don't even bother because even professors make them feel like shit for it in their own way. THERE IS NO RIGHT OR LEFT. That is what they WANT. It's called divide and conquer. The easiest way to divide the republic is by race, gender and socio economic background, class warefare if you will. The flag thing is race. Ironically all the guys doing it are fringe players at best. They all happen to be blaxk. Of course the establishment is propping it up. They don't actually care about these sensitive social justice warrior millenialls. They are just being used as pawns.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
the UK police force is not murdering people of color at alarming rates so I doubt he'd have any reason to kneel
duh

Don't worry they have ISIS running around and Muhammed is the third most popular name, they have bigger issues.

By the way the only people who are racist are the one's who bring it up, this would be the establishment in conttol. Most of these owners are racist. They are just playing both sides but it's easier to rile up the sensitive bunch who don't do anything but what theyre told.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
American "patriotism" has gone from pride in our country to a gross dick measuring contest.

Nobody should have pride in their country. It's just another way to divide society, thats all labels do. I'm not an American. i'm a human. Where I live is irrelevant. I may live on soil that is owned by some dumb people who call it America but thats about it. No country is better than another, yes we all do different things better than others but that's it. American's are the dumbest. In other countries the citizens riot, in america we go to polls and think our pushing of a lever matters. We continue to rinse and repeat. We don't push for real change. We love our own enslavement, just because we seem more free than China doesn't mean we have freedom. Tell me one major thing I can do without the government's consent? You can't even get married without their approval. They dictate how you can raise your own children. They make your children have vaccines to attend school. We're not nearly as free as you think, they just keep you distacted with that dumb 9-5 job. Most people have to live day by day and week to week and struggle to get by. They don't have time to think about real things. I mean if you think the way we spend our lives is by any means a joyful time you're fooling. Nobody willingly signed up for this they were dragged in it. Then if you fail you become homeless and die. If you have the proper training you can become a survivalist but the masses don't have it. If they shoot down the grid society for the most part would be screwed.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
it's code
when someone says education is indoctrination they essentially mean that those fancy learnin school are teaching things THEY don't believe in...like Evolution

Not true at all. Who runs it? You pay taxes to your local and state government. They issue out state tests. The government runs it and they convince you it's free, when it's not, you just pay a flat one time fee instead of installments.

Ever realize why college degree ar mostly useless now and they push things like psychology and sociology and all that nonsene on kids? The institutions don't care and corporate america would prefer these kids didn't get real degrees. Nobody is going to find a job to be paid for having a degree in gender studies, except for a job they could have had while they were in college. All colleges want is their money, they don't care about you. This is why society is a cesspool, it's all about money, everything. It's the root of all evil.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
No, they don't have the right to not allow it. They do have the right to voice their disagreements against the player's actions. Furthermore, your post is so nonsensical and contradictory it boggles the mind. First, you say they can tell players what to do and then you say the idea of freedom of speech is to prevent the idea that we all need to think and act the same. So what is it? Or are you going to continue arguing out of both sides of your mouth?

It's called rules, it's the same way your employer tells you what to do o they fire you. The player doesn't have a right to be in the NFL, it's a privilege.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Because that's the accepted behavior, you kneel to be knighted. That's what the crown requires. The anthem tradition is to stand, that is the accepted respectful behavior. Kneeling is making a statement that you do not respect the flag, anthem, and country for whatever political stunt/statement you're trying to make. It's even codified:
36 U.S. Code § 301 - National anthem

Kaepernick would be standing to get his Knighthood and it wouldn't go over well there either

Screw the crown and the queen, they leech millions of taxpayers and do nothing.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
The players are gonna protest anyway. I noticed that Colin K and E. Reid are still unemployed. They are the two players most credited with the kneeling protests. They are suing the league for collusion. That's hard to prove but other players are gonna boycott OTAs if they remain unsigned. Wouldn't be surprised either if entire teams just sat in the lockeroom.

In the age of social whore media, yeah they will. It's nothing but being hyped up by media and gerting attention, they just want attention, they don't really care what for, it's no different with how media has become such intruders on the lives of athletes and breaking stories. They just want hits, they want to go after guy's like Urban Meyer if they can, they want to be relevant. That's what a lot of this shit is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->