New alternate jerseys announced

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
Just received my new Ducks authentic third jersey and it looks even better in person. Glad they dropped the prices down for authentic jerseys. I use to hate paying in the high $200 low $300 for an authentic. Now it’s only $180 at most places.

Wolf357

Jul 16, 2011
The Devils is awsome... unique but not weird..
Not a fan of The Hurricanes, Yhink The Jets will look good on ice..

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just received my new Ducks authentic third jersey and it looks even better in person. Glad they dropped the prices down for authentic jerseys. I use to hate paying in the high $200 low $300 for an authentic. Now it’s only $180 at most places.
The thing is that "authentic " isnt authentic at all. Those $300 ones you got were literally what the players wore on the ice. Even the retail authentics had similar quality to the real deal. Now, the Adidas authentics are basically a replica jersey with a fight strap attached. Kind of a scam, really.

Reactions: rfournier103

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The thing is that "authentic " isnt authentic at all. Those $300 ones you got were literally what the players wore on the ice. Even the retail authentics had similar quality to the real deal. Now, the Adidas authentics are basically a replica jersey with a fight strap attached. Kind of a scam, really.
Personally I would say the replicas sold today are the ones made by Fanatics, which would be the equivalent of the Reebok Premier replica jerseys. The Adidas jerseys which the fans can purchase while they are not 100% the same as the players wear during a game, those are still made of better quality.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Personally I would say the replicas sold today are the ones made by Fanatics, which would be the equivalent of the Reebok Premier replica jerseys. The Adidas jerseys which the fans can purchase while they are not 100% the same as the players wear during a game, those are still made of better quality.
Yeah the fanatics are supposed to be replicas but I have a problem with Adidas labeling their authentics as such because there's nothing authentic about it

Reactions: rfournier103

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Yeah the fanatics are supposed to be replicas but I have a problem with Adidas labeling their authentics as such because there's nothing authentic about it
I guess they can get away with that because of the fight strap being included, where as that was not available on the Reebok Premier replicas or the Fanatics versions.

Also the team logos in general are made a lot better on the Adidas jerseys compared to the Fanatics ones.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
I'm a fan of just about all of these lol..

Favorites include the Coyotes, Sharks, Ducks and Flames.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Authentics have embrodiered patches like game worn. Replicas have silkscreened "patches".

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Authentics have embrodiered patches like game worn. Replicas have silkscreened "patches".
Logos and patches are definitely better quality than replicas. But the material isn't close to what is worn on the ice and there's a good chance the lettering kits are the exact same ones you'll see on a replica. I know in Pittsbugh, retail authentics have the garbage single layer lettering kits which is insane for a so-called "authentic". I believe some cities will have the legit lettering

There's certain aspects than mimic on-ice jerseys but it's so misleading to straight up call them authentic jerseys

jiggsawpuzzle35

May 7, 2007
The 949
I told my buddy that it felt like a Reebok replica. I’m liking the price point though and the shoulder patches.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Prior to the RBK Edge jerseys which started for the 2007-2008 season, if you purchased a replica CCM or Koho jersey of your favorite team and they happened to have shoulder patches, they were not silkscreened like on the Rebook Premier replicas.

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
ANA - awful
ARZ - bringing back the peyote coyote is a great idea. I’d have gone with an integration of their standard jerseys (color wise) instead of green/black
CAR - pretty good. But I liked the old bottom stripes being the storm flags
CAL - Finally. Don’t know why that isn’t their primary.
COL - The white yoke and lack of stripes at the waist just makes me cringe.
CBJ - New issue of their old, it’s fine. Not for me, but whatever.
EDM - Not sure why that isn’t their primary
NJD - Good, but the way the stripes on the bottom of these new jerseys waves down is just terrible. Make it horizontal, not match the hemline.
PHI - I kinda dig it. I think they’re another franchise that’s been moving away from the great thing they had (in the Lindros era).
STL - retro. good.
SJS - very good. Best version of their black jersey yet.
WIN - very uninspired when they have so much to draw from.
KevFu - No one cares what he thinks.

Vacheron

Dec 11, 2016
I have no skin in the game but I would prefer that NY Islanders logo of the actual one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad