New 32 Club Tournament coming in 2025.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
How much does this increase the heart attack above/60 ratio now? Since I started watching football, I swear the annual number of games has increased by at least 15 nowadays.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Maor games maor games.

I’m glad I watched football as a youth because the way it’s heading, I’ll probably stop at some point.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Maor games maor games.

I’m glad I watched football as a youth because the way it’s heading, I’ll probably stop at some point.
It's becoming a 24/7 sport simply due to the amount of money that could be made in it from its popularity. That's why FIFA gift-wrapped Qatar and the United States the World Cups and why UEFA gave the CL/Europa to places like Azerbaijan and Turkey.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
It’s basically a new tournament with how significant the expansion was. IIRC the past runs we’re the champions league winner from each confederation and maybe the last winner.

So going from 8 teams playing a quick elimination round to a full 32 teams with a group stage seems crazy. Especially if the plan is the play it in the summer. Would be even more of a glorified friendly competition.

Reactions: robertmac43

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
It's just FIFA being desperate to draw some revenue out of the club game which they normally can't get their grubby hands on.

pretty much this. I think Club World Cup is a neat tournament that they should have but 32 teams during the summer just seems like a way for FIFA to get that US summer friendly tour money.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Fifa wants to create that Al Nassr v Inter Miami rivalry. Got to milk Ronaldo v Messi one more time.

member 305909

I think we can live every other summer without some tournament. Too much is too much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad