News Article: New 2018-2019 NHL farm system rankings

masta8

Apr 26, 2018
Nice to see us being in the top 10, I can't even remember the last time that was the case.... As great a talent as Veleno I wouldn't have him higher then Ras on my list atm. This next year I expect us to be in the top 5.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah I was more talking about Quinn mostly there in terms of who I wasn't thrilled we passed over. I also like Dobson a lot.

I like Quinn a lot, but I also think Zadina has the makings of a high end winger. We are at different ends of the spectrum with our last two top picks and I’m cool with that, it will make this season fun for us to watch. :cheers:

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
What if the Red Wings young players nearly all exceeded expectations next season and the team ends up relatively competitive because of it? Would the tanking crowd be upset? Serious question.

Like if Mantha turns into a 30-30 player, Zadina has a nice 25-20 rookie season, Larkin is a 65+ point 2 way center, one of Cholowski/Hronek make the team and impresses with a 30+ point season, Rasmussen comes up and contributes, etc etc and the team finishes just out of the playoffs or something and gets like the 14th pick.....will people around here be mad?

I realize this isn't likely, i'm just curious.

Cholowski or Hronek walking into the league and instantly being 30+ pt guys would be HUGE. I think some of those things could happen and we could still end up with a decently high pick. One little thing like Howard tearing his groin would off-set a lot of that.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Gotta love how Cirelli is supposedly a top 20 prospect in the world despite not even outscoring D-men like Hronek and Niku this year.

except he did. in ppg.

unless one knocks him for lower raw totals when he was callep up to the NHL for 18 games and scored 11 points.

dunno if he's a top 20 prospect though.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
except he did. in ppg.

unless one knocks him for lower raw totals when he was callep up to the NHL for 18 games and scored 11 points.

dunno if he's a top 20 prospect though.
Yes like o.05 higher than Niku. Doesn’t seem so great for a ’15 pick. Slightly higher PPG than the over 2 years younger Chytil.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Yes like o.05 higher than Niku. Doesn’t seem so great for a ’15 pick. Slightly higher PPG than the over 2 years younger Chytil.

i'd personally take chytil over cirelli, no question. bouchard is ranked 15 spots below veleno despite actually outscoring him last year. cal foote isn't even ranked despite outscoring #9 guy on that list. my guess is that the writer didn't do just boxscore scouting for those rankings.

that is actually pretty good for 3rd rounder in '15 as he has outperformed many of his peers from that year. not many mid-rounders put up over 0.7ppg in their first pro year and then play well in the playoffs for SC contender.

that said, his upside is probably limited to solid 2C.Cs who aren't puck dominant don't usually become much more than that. and that's also why i wouldn't personally have him that high.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->