News Article: New 2018-2019 NHL farm system rankings

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Now, just imagine where they'd be if Zadina and Veleno didn't fall into Kenny's lap...

Gotta at least give it to him when he makes good picks... come on now.

Teams let Barzal, Pastrnak, etc fall too... but they were still great picks by NYI and Boston.

Last edited:
Reactions: marcmadsen

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
Gotta at least give it to him when he makes good picks... come on now.

Yeah, so if he made terrible picks this draft people would be criticizing him. But since he made really good picks, they just fell into his lap and he deserves no credit.

Reactions: marcmadsen

StargateSG1

Nov 26, 2016
is this suppose to be a holland bashing post. Because according to the article, the wings pipeline was already looking decent even without those two.

So, the current draftees take 4 out of the top 6 spots
and you still claim that they were already looking good?
That's odd.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Nice to see we could be watching a decent team in a couple years.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why is St. Louis ranked so high? Their "top 2" prospects were drafted 17 and 30 (I believe) in the weaker draft of 2017. Lindstrom and Larsson ahead of Cholowski, yikes!

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
Interesting they have Zadina going back to Halifax. Article must have been researched/written before the NHL ruled on his CHL status.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
Holland has done well recently, but it's not a surprise it coincides with having great draft position. I'm glad he didn't get cute this year and am looking forward to him hopefully evolving this year and making some trades.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Interesting they have Zadina going back to Halifax. Article must have been researched/written before the NHL ruled on his CHL status.

Not even just Zadina though. The article has every single one of our top 10 prospects playing in Grand Rapids, juniors, college, or overseas. Zadina, Rasmussen, Hronek, Svechnikov, Cholowski are all names that should be given the real opportunity to fight for spot in Detroit this year...with at least one being a virtual lock.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
After Zadina, that's a really appalling rating, top to bottom.

But yeah, I don't get beating the FO over the head when they finally draft well (ignoring my personal disagreement with some picks). Whether Zadina "fell in their laps", or Bouchard or Tkachuk or anyone else did, they picked him. They didn't reach or trade down (or out). I'm happy with that result. I hope it continues.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
So, the current draftees take 4 out of the top 6 spots
and you still claim that they were already looking good?
That's odd.

you need to re read my post. The article you posted said the wings pipeline was already looking good even without valeno and zadina. That is the opinion of the author, not mine. Just seems odd to make a holland bashing thread based off an article that praises him.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
you need to re read my post. The article you posted said the wings pipeline was already looking good even without valeno and zadina. That is the opinion of the author, not mine. Just seems odd to make a holland bashing thread based off an article that praises him.

I feel pretty strongly that if Ken Holland found a cure for cancer that worked and sold it to people for $10,000. He'd complain that he wasn't selling it for $9,000.
If Ken Holland found Jimmy Hoffa somewhere, the problem would be "why did it take him so long?" or maybe "the directions to his body just kind of fell into his lap."

Reactions: kliq

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Yup. Gustav Lindstrom is much better. :thumbu:
How does that answer the question why Cholo wasn’t able to make the Canadian junior team but he should be regarded as a better prospect? Or are you just going to randomly use a tu quoque fallacy ( look it up) to prove your point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->