WWE: Neville requests release?

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Per Ryan Satin (Pro Wrestling Sheet), Neville reportedly requested his release/quit last night and left the show after doing so.

The original plan was for Neville vs. Enzo Amore to take place in the main event in a lumberjack which Enzo would have actually won, but Neville had given his request and left which made way for Kalisto getting the spot and picking up the victory.

Personally if it's true I'm not surprised. He's king of the cruiserweights, sure, but that's probably the ceiling WWE gave him, the CW division. He should have been moved to Smackdown and win the U.S. Title as soon as he killed Enzo on Raw a couple of weeks ago voiding his shot at ever getting another title match.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
That would suck. Neville has been fantastic as a heel, but agree he should be promoted to the regular roster with how good he is.

He would be an excellent mid card champ.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That explains why they announced that the title match would be at TLC literally like 2 hours before they moved it to last night.

With this and now Austin Aries, it's going to be death in that division. Everyone knows there is a ceiling, and it's very low, and anyone who is good will feel they deserve better. And some of them do.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Neville is the man. Hope he just keeps wrestling elsewhere and rips shit up where he's not bogged down by the ceiling of the CW division.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If this is true, then I have to assume that it's because he wants out of the death sentence that is the cruiserweight division. That trash division hurts everyone who's in it, and it sucks 'cos most of them are really good, and anyone with half a brain knew that it was a terrible idea when they announced it.

So the out comes are either WWE move him to the main roster, or they release him. If they move him to the main roster then he can go about being a real star again. And if he's released then I get to watch Pac again, which is a win for everyone 'cos he's awesome.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
My issue has always been separating the cruiserweight division from the rest of the roster.

Sucks to see Neville go right when he became relevant in the WWE though.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Neville has some leverage here because of how hot the UK scene is. They don't want anyone to get too big, and how many big events could they put together with him?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Update Courtesy of PWI;

- Neville didn't walk out on RAW because he wasn't there to begin with. Neville wasn't at the house shows this weekend either.

- Neville has "pushed" for his release in order to rebuild his name on the indies, much like Drew McIntyre did before returning to WWE NXT.

- Neville has a couple issues, but it appears the main issue is being upset over being left off the WrestleMania DVD, which is usually the highest selling DVD, which means Neville gets 0 royalties.

- As of this time, Neville is still under contract, and it's possible Neville rejoins the company, but as of now there isn't any plans for him in the CW division or on either brand

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Him attacking Enzo should've been the storyline and springboard for him to move into the midcard of Raw or Smackdown where he should be. He is an IC/US title competitor and should be treated as such.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
TBH It has to come down to Roaylties. He is always on pre shows meaning not making the cut on DVD's which means less money. Also I wonder if he gets PPV bonus's if he is on the pre-show?

As far as Neville goes, if it wasn't for 205 live and his heel turn he would be lost as a white mean babyface. He was not setting the world on fire before going to 205 live and TBH as a babyface he doesn't have as much of an IT factor as a guy like Styles or Balor to overcome his CW status. The guy was floundering before the move and put it together once he got a LONG title run with the belt.

He deserves a shot at SDL and being a "heavyweight" but the guy has already gone very far in his career. From Scotland(or Ireland sorry not sure) small guy to a star in WWE. I don't know how much more anyone could of expected him to accomplish. There are tons of "good" wrestlers that can fly around not all of them have the IT factor to be main even level talent.

And I don't see the point in establishing himself in the indies like Drew, just ask to go to NXT then. If he goes back to indies and builds his name all it means is he comes back to WWE or NXT. Not sure how much he can build himself up. NJPW would not make him a main event player. BC is probably persona non grata in WWE. ROH is a joke and if he went to TNA he would just do the whole anti-WWE gimmick and leave the company in a few months after it changed names 10 times.

Good for him to stand up for himself if he isn't happy at his job. Double good if he feels he deserves bigger pay days. But Neville has a ceiling, its higher then CW champ but I don't see him on a world champ level.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
You don't need to be main-event status to be successful in New Japan. He'd have a year lined up out of the jump with Ospreay, Takahashi, Marty Scurll, and Kushida.

Reactions: BackGroundMusic

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm happy he's leaving (not because I don't like him) but because he will shine wherever he goes. He's a world class talent, and the WWE is clearly holding him back as per usual. Would mark for him interrupting Aries somewhere.

Everyone... Enjoy the king of crickets, Kalisto.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
You don't need to be main-event status to be successful in New Japan. He'd have a year lined up out of the jump with Ospreay, Takahashi, Marty Scurll, and Kushida.
Bingo. Look at the NXT jobber who has became a star in NJPW.

CJ Parker was an NXT jobber. Think he scored one takeover match where he jobbed in a couple minutes. In NJPW, as Juice Robinson, he's become a fan favourite and a star.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Apparently more wrestlers are unhappy with their spots and are seeking their release and some are seeking out Cody for advice after seeing his success.

Reactions: LondonKendrick

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
England [MOD]. He lived down the road form me. And you vastly underrate him.
[MOD]

Neville is a great talent, but tons of great talents in the wrestling world. His babyface run he did NOT show the IT factor. He transformed himself with his heel turn but I still don't see him on the level of a Balor or Styles they just have that extra IT factor Neville lacks.

Last edited by a moderator:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Bingo. Look at the NXT jobber who has became a star in NJPW.

CJ Parker was an NXT jobber. Think he scored one takeover match where he jobbed in a couple minutes. In NJPW, as Juice Robinson, he's become a fan favourite and a star.

Juice is like Tye Dillinger in NXT. A guy who toiled around and finally connected with the crowd. How many titles has Juice held since going to NJPW? I don't remember the ICW asking for Juice to get a big push when he was in NXT. And Juice was over in NXT, he just had a role as a gatekeeper and to put over new talent.

Good for him for making a bigger name in NJPW. I think he got type cast in NXT at the time and he made the right move to bet on himself.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Juice is like Tye Dillinger in NXT. A guy who toiled around and finally connected with the crowd. How many titles has Juice held since going to NJPW? I don't remember the ICW asking for Juice to get a big push when he was in NXT. And Juice was over in NXT, he just had a role as a gatekeeper and to put over new talent.

Good for him for making a bigger name in NJPW. I think he got type cast in NXT at the time and he made the right move to bet on himself.
None but he's also only been there less than 2 years I think. He just Main Evented a big show against Kenny Omega a couple weeks ago. Amazing match too.

Neville is also a much bigger name than CJ Parker was. I think Neville would go right to the upper midcard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad