News Article: Never traded for a player of this caliber

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
https://www.tsn.ca/dorion-we-have-never-traded-for-a-player-of-this-calibre-1.1264183

Find it a bit egotistical, I can think of any number of players we traded for that at this current juncture were better. Branstron is still the 11th overall rated prospect, so its still a bit to decide, but what is everyones top 5 players Ottawa traded for?

1. Duchesnse
2. Chara
3. Spezza (Arguably we traded for a draft pick but this trade was made draft day we new exactly who it was).
4. Heatley
5. Redden

Felt I had to leave off Hasek as he was not quite the same player when we got him that he was earlier in his career. Same with Barrasso.

Branstrom is still quite a ways from challenging any of these players as best player we ever traded for.

Anyone else have some favorites? Sure I missed some.

ottawah

Jan 7, 2011
Yeah for got Turris. Likely would slot him in at 5.

And yes Hasek was a signing, thanks.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Dorion is a dishonest used car salesman who lies constantly, but I think in this case he meant to say best prospect he's ever traded for.

Reactions: TCB and DJB

TonySoprano11

It's a very delicate situation.
Apr 8, 2006
Hayden, ID
The problem is, it doesn't matter how good the kid is going to be. Our organization won't pay him when the time comes and we'll just lose him for the "next prospect" again in a few years.

Reactions: billpo and DJB

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Someone on the main board compared him to William H. Macy's character in Fargo, which is extremely accurate.

Extreme narcissism. I've unfortunately known people like that. Maybe it's Melnyk rubbing off on him. Deny any problems, deny any accountability for problems, and if you're discovered, lash out and blame everyone else for what you did.

Reactions: billpo

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Marshall Johnston traded Yashin for two corner stone pillars and a goat: Chara (Franchise D), Spezza (drafted with NYI 2nd Overall pick), and Billy GOAT Muckalt.
John Muckler traded Hossa to get the franchise's only 50 goal scorer: All Star Danny Heatley

Nice try Duhrion.

billpo

Jun 28, 2006
Marshall Johnston traded Yashin for two corner stone pillars and a goat: Chara (Franchise D), Spezza (drafted with NYI 2nd Overall pick), and Billy GOAT Muckalt.
John Muckler traded Hossa to get the franchise's only 50 goal scorer: All Star Danny Heatley

Nice try Duhrion.
if only we had a GM of Marshall's caliber...

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Dorion is a dishonest used car salesman who lies constantly, but I think in this case he meant to say best prospect he's ever traded for.

Another one(he was agm I think) was rundblad. He was highly regarded. Who was more highly regarded though?

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I agree with Hale....i think he clearly meant not having acquired a prospect of this calibre

I think Dorion is a smarter hockey man than people give him credit for

He's a PR disaster though and i do think that is partially language based. I think he thinks in french and translates in his head very quickly which is pretty common as opposed to thinking in his second language which is far more difficult. His comment yesterday about being bad with expressions leads me to think that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad