Post-Game Talk: Never in doubt-Panthers cap successful road trip with epic 6-4 comeback win

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheImpatientPanther

Florida Flukin Panthers > LTIR Maple Leafs
Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Sure we will.. only reason were still around here. Doesn't mean we can't criticize our team or be mad

Oh for sure but just funny reading the first couple pages of the last few games.
Not denying we looked like crap for 20 mins here and there but we have held teams to 7-8 shots or less in multiple periods now.
The spark has been lit but let's see if it creates any fire the next 4 games.

Reactions: Crossbar

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
Yandle needs to sit.

He isnt effective offensively or defensively.

Too bad the replacement possibilities are awful. No thanks to Pysyk Brown pairing.

But, holy ****....Yandle.... just a completely terrible awful season so far. And tonight was his worst game since he joined the team.

There's a reason why he was paired up with McIlrath while he was with the Rags.

Chessarmy

Mar 16, 2009
Florida
Sorry for my overly negative comments earlier in the game, folks. I honestly thought the game was over at 4-1 and a 1-3-2 start would have been really, really bad after the offseason we had.

So proud of the gutsy effort tonight from the boys. There's a lot to clean up, but at least for today I can be happy with a VERY solid win.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
On another board there were posters saying anything less than 6 out of 6 points is unacceptable.:facepalm:
If you look at the schedule so far, a split vs Tampa, win vs Carolina, and a 2-1 road trip was probably the most realistic scenario you could hope for, so 4-2. They are 3-3, which is fine, but they need to have the same pace of play they have when they are trailing as they do at zero to zero. Colorado will be a good test.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I didn't watch but it seems like we were def the better team with the exception of a few minutes in the second.
Panthers have been plagued by playing a five minute stretch of WTF was that? hockey since Gallant's first year here. Nice to see they have the ability to come back, but I really hope they grow tired of digging holes.

Beezer

Trochek Was Tripped!
Jun 24, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Malgin has been good in the three games he played, he has a goal and an assist and is an even player. I don't get your criticism of him. He got one assist on a Dadonov goal and the other he scored, neither with Barkov or TRo. He's only playing 13 minutes a game, he's definitely been better than Tro the last 3 games.

Difference is Trochek can score. Malgin had a great move there in the 3rd and then threw it away by shooting wide. At least make the goalie make the save and there’s a chance for a rebound.

And he finally got a shot towards the end of the 3rd or he would have been 1 of 2 Panthers(Brown the other) who didn’t get a shot on goal this game.

He definitely doesn’t need to be out there on PP. There are better options.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Do Dadonov and Hoffman have a bet to see who gets the bigger deal?

Dadonov has 4 goals, 7pts in his last 4 games after going pointless his first two.
Hoffman has 5 goals and 8pts in his first 6 games.
Tro (1+4) and Connolly (2+3) both have 5 pts as well.

Borg line needs a Q stare down. 3 of the 4 forward lines are heating up but Barkov can still be better
Weegar and Ekblad are putting up good numbers so far.
Bob deserved that win!

Gaebriel

Jan 17, 2004
DC
Difference is Trochek can score. Malgin had a great move there in the 3rd ant then threw it away by shooting wide. At least make the goalie make the save and there’s a chance for a rebound.

And he finally got a shot towards the end of the 3rd or he would have been 1 of 2 Panthers(Brown the other) who didn’t get a shot on goal this game.

Idk, I thought Malgin played his best game in a while today. He probably doesn't need to be on the PP. If the top guys on the team were playing better nobody would be worried about him.

The 4th line is really the only one that's been consistently playing well this season. The rest have been okay in short stretches but you need more out of the best players on the team.

stppnmd

Oct 3, 2019
Damn, just wanted to watch some hockey and apparently Panthers just finished playing. Tell me, how did we get to the point of trailing 1-4 against Devils?? And how did we manage to win? Who looked good? Who looked bad?

Reactions: ThePatientPanther

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Difference is Trochek can score. Malgin had a great move there in the 3rd and then threw it away by shooting wide. At least make the goalie make the save and there’s a chance for a rebound.

Malgin played well again. He fired a good shot which can't be said for most of our forwards this season who like to pass on these type of chances. Malgin was good today, not sure why you and others are after him, he's the least of our issues right now.

He is fine on the second PP unit, he has good composure with the puck, knows how to get into position to generate offense. Does a good job of bringing the puck into the zone too.

Reactions: I am not exposed

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
Damn, just wanted to watch some hockey and apparently Panthers just finished playing. Tell me, how did we get to the point of trailing 1-4 against Devils?? And how did we manage to win? Who looked good? Who looked bad?
Devils scored two pure fluke goals from harmless shots. Bob could have saved both other goals too. The score was not indicative of how badly the devils were outplayed. Yandle and brown weren’t great but everyone else was very solid.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
Have to say if Matheson keeps this up he gets my vote for most improved.

He's been solid. I hope it continues

Ekblad has been playing better too. Weegar been solid only downside I really have is him taking few stupid penalties

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

We looked alright to start and got the first goal early then fell asleep the rest of the 1st. Two NJ goals and down 2-1, one late with under a minute to go.
Same thing in 2nd as we go down 4-1. Then the Con-man showed up and showed he can still snipe at the ripe age of 50, scoring 10 mins apart to get it to 4-3, the 2nd one with 8 seconds to go

Cue the Weegar show and we tie it at 4 on his shot and then go up 5-4 on Acciari's tip from Weegs shot.
Dadonov is BACK and the defense put up some good numbers tonight.
Trocheck and Connolly had good games.
Matheson, Weegar and Ekblad looked good on D for parts.
Bob played pretty well for most part but we did keep NJ to only 21 shots.

Yandle has lost his mind, by far the worst player on the ice the last 3 games

Last edited:
Reactions: Ghoste

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
We shouldn't have gone down 4-1, but they got back to form late in the 2nd.

Some of the guys are starting to look better. I think once Barkov finds his groove we're gonna be rolling.

maybe they have to keep bagging it for the first in practice till they start better

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
No game til Friday sucks. Good practice time to fine tune some things but not playing for 4 days isn’t great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->