Online Series: Netflix: You

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I literally just finished it.

I don’t think I need a second season lol

I honestly thought he had killed Candace and was running her account with her “start over” life and he’d let Beck live. Ugh.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I really enjoyed it, although I'm not exactly thrilled with a few things went towards the end and it makes me question how good a 2nd season will be.

Side note... what's the deal with everyone in the world acting like this is a Netflix original that just came out? Seems pretty unique to this show, and it seems like it's everyone doing it

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I really enjoyed it, although I'm not exactly thrilled with a few things went towards the end and it makes me question how good a 2nd season will be.

Side note... what's the deal with everyone in the world acting like this is a Netflix original that just came out? Seems pretty unique to this show, and it seems like it's everyone doing it

Netflix is often just a distribution outlet anyway, calling 3rd party productions "originals". It is a Warner Bros (Horizon) production. NF had international and 2nd run rights on You from the beginning though - if you watched this on Lifetime you noticed the show was full of odd censored moments. But when Lifetime decided not to proceed with the 2nd season themselves, Netflix funded it outright.

Why You Season 2 Jumped From Lifetime to Netflix

Reactions: izlez

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014

Because no one had ever heard of it on Lifetime. Netflix's marketability is insanely good. I can't tell you how many times co-workers of mine have come into work saying "Oh did you watch XXX on Netflix yet?" they barely even need to market their shows. They put something on the "featured" screen on Netflix and then word of mouth and social media does the rest.

On-Topic: I thoroughly enjoyed You, except for the fact that it caused a bit of a riff in my relationship with my girlfriend, lol.

mmalady

Jan 31, 2013
minden, ontario
i'm halfway through season one and i'm not sure what i think of it lol....There isn't ONE likeable character...except the little boy...

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I pounded through season 2 in 24 hours :laugh: I enjoy it quite a bit. Especially diving into the thought process of Joe, that really adds a tonne to the story.

That said, I thought the finale kind of fell on its face a little bit. Episodes 8 and 9 were absolutely brilliant and I thought they were building up to one hell of a finish but they didn't stick the landing IMO. Something felt off about it.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
The narration is the key. Penn Badgley is perfect doing it.

I haven't finished season two and honestly thought as a ten ep first season that could have been enough. Really enjoyed ep's 1-5 but it is losing steam and sort of going off the rails a bit in ep's 6 and 7.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I was skeptical of season 2 at first. Really felt in the beginning like it was just repeating season 1 again but with different characters. I thought the 2nd half of the season really changed the dynamic though and again I think episode 8 and 9 were two of the best episodes of the series.

The ending just fell flat a little bit. Not that it was bad, just it could have been better I think. I will say it does set up an interesting dynamic for season 3 that I'm looking forward to seeing play out.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
I loved season 2. Even better than the first one. There were a lot more moving parts in this one. Really enjoyed how it all came together. This show is strangely very fun to watch. The LSD episode was probably my favorite, even though it was a bit inaccurate.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Just started 2. Watched the second episode last night. Early on, it's good. Loved the first season so we'll see.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->