Netflix with $50 million/10 part series on Jerry Jones

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Maybe they'll do a part on what he drinks to stay alive, which I think is python blood

• Wow
Reactions: sigma six

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
giphy.gif

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Off topic I suppose, but does anyone think viewership for the NFL (and possibly other pro sports) will decline with having games and shows (content) spread out across so many different channels and platforms?

I heard that viewership is down for Thursday night NFL games after moving to Amazon Prime. If they keep putting content & games on many different service provider platforms, is the consumer going to purchase all those different platforms and service providers, or just watch less and do without?

Reactions: Babe Ruth

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Also heard that Sunday Ticket will be on YouTube now.

Are the tech companies who are into content now growing too big? Is it time for anti-trust rules to kick in? Does the world really need multi-trillion dollar companies with their fingers into and owning many things?

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Jerruh cut starving venom Netflix Fusion Dragon a few checks?

You would think given a select image from his youth, Hollywood wouldn't broadcast a minute of this man. lol

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
This is going to be a hard press to convince us Jerry had a heavy hand in building the Super Bowl teams.

It'll be called "Devil's Advocate: Who REALLY built the Cowboys dynasty?" lol. A project explicitly signed off on by Jerry Jones in a way that The Last Dance was by MJ. The only difference being that Jerruh was relatively inconsequential to the Boys' success, but MJ was supremely pivotal to the Bulls. But the doc went out of its way to not criticize MJ, and this will do the same with Jones. Which seems to be the way it goes anymore. Either you don't get the rights you need to tell the story, or you get the rights by signing on with lead character and it turns into a puff piece. Which is why the downfall docs seem to be the most even-handed, as there's little to no legal hurdles in telling the story.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
Also heard that Sunday Ticket will be on YouTube now.

Are the tech companies who are into content now growing too big? Is it time for anti-trust rules to kick in? Does the world really need multi-trillion dollar companies with their fingers into and owning many things?
It's been well past the time for them to start enforcing anti-trust laws on any number of industries. But that would require the people tasked with enforcing these laws to not be hand-puppets of the corporations themselves.

Reactions: Big Muddy

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It's been well past the time for them to start enforcing anti-trust laws on any number of industries. But that would require the people tasked with enforcing these laws to not be hand-puppets of the corporations themselves.
It's also kinda hard to make an anti-trust claim here when NFL games are being sold to something like six different American companies.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
It'll be called "Devil's Advocate: Who REALLY built the Cowboys dynasty?" lol. A project explicitly signed off on by Jerry Jones in a way that The Last Dance was by MJ. The only difference being that Jerruh was relatively inconsequential to the Boys' success, but MJ was supremely pivotal to the Bulls. But the doc went out of its way to not criticize MJ, and this will do the same with Jones. Which seems to be the way it goes anymore. Either you don't get the rights you need to tell the story, or you get the rights by signing on with lead character and it turns into a puff piece. Which is why the downfall docs seem to be the most even-handed, as there's little to no legal hurdles in telling the story.
I do think Jordan signed off on stuff that did paint him in a negative light, but he was fine with it because he sees that stuff as positives. When he gambles with and takes from low level employees who make nothing, when he treats his teammates like garbage, when he lies about people just to create some reason to seek revenge, etc. Jordan doesn't care about other people. To him, every moment in life is competition, so the show exposing us to what a miserable guy he is was fine with him.

sfvega

Apr 20, 2015
I do think Jordan signed off on stuff that did paint him in a negative light, but he was fine with it because he sees that stuff as positives. When he gambles with and takes from low level employees who make nothing, when he treats his teammates like garbage, when he lies about people just to create some reason to seek revenge, etc. Jordan doesn't care about other people. To him, every moment in life is competition, so the show exposing us to what a miserable guy he is was fine with him.

Which I agree, but is more of an awareness issue on his part than it is admitting that Jordan would put himself in a position of high scrutiny.

Jerry is more aware, but will probably cop to one big criticism of himself (heroically, in his eyes) while the doc will be talking all the while about how great of an owner he's been and how much he's overcome. It won't be a watch for me.

It's also kinda hard to make an anti-trust claim here when NFL games are being sold to something like six different American companies.
Ummm, I think you meant to reply to the other person. He's the one who made the claim about the NFL, I was just reiterating that anti-trust laws won't be enforced on corporations for obvious reasons, which is infuriating and the cause of many of our issues.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
The idea of the post wasn't connected to "NFL broadcast rights" per say. It was used as an example to illuminate a trend. It's the broader point about tech companies having such a large stake (perhaps monopoly at some point) in the content business.

Is there any real benefit to the common person & society as a whole if the largest, multi-trillion tech companies also dominate the content industry?

As an example, the actors/actresses in the show "Orange is the New Black" get measly $20 royalty checks for shows that were very successful. In the meantime, they live in one bedroom apartments and the CEO of Netflix makes $20 million per year in salary, and another $50 million in stock options, bonuses, etc.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad