Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
That was a fantastic doc. I watched it right after I watched Cecil Hotel (whatever it was called) and the difference was night and day.

I watched 3/4 of the Cecil Hotel, I suppose it helps a lot that there was actual crime with the Night Stalker case and a proper conclusion. Cecil Hotel was intriguing through the first two episodes then at the start of the 3rd episode a very obvious crime-free conclusion becomes apparent so they bait and switch to focusing on crazy youtuber conspiracies. Didn't bother watching the finale.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I watched 3/4 of the Cecil Hotel, I suppose it helps a lot that there was actual crime with the Night Stalker case and a proper conclusion. Cecil Hotel was intriguing through the first two episodes then at the start of the 3rd episode a very obvious crime-free conclusion becomes apparent so they bait and switch to focusing on crazy youtuber conspiracies. Didn't bother watching the finale.
Seriously. Actually Cecil Hotel could have been really good if they’d just focused on the hotel. Crazy shit be happening there. But no they decided to focus on the whackerdoodle “web sleuths.” Those folks just pissed me off to no end.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Seriously. Actually Cecil Hotel could have been really good if they’d just focused on the hotel. Crazy shit be happening there. But no they decided to focus on the whackerdoodle “web sleuths.” Those folks just pissed me off to no end.

One of our friends is actually in the doc, he's obsessed with the Cecil Hotel - thinks it's really haunted.

The doc was way too long! It was obvious from the 1st episode when they mentioned she had to be moved to a different room. They also kept referring to the water tank lid being closed when the cops found her even though they mentioned early on the maintenance guy found her in the 1st place with an open lid. The Cecil is just located in a really bad neighborhood with cheap rates, lots of drug users and mentally ill people stay there, so you get a lot of death.

I found the fact they rebranded a portion of the hotel more interesting as people traveling have no idea what they are getting themselves into. Most people in the U.S. know you don't want to stay in downtown LA.

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Been on a True crime watching spree. What else am I missing?

I've watched:
- Who Killed Little Gregory
- Amanda Knox doc
- Unsolved Mysteries
- Vanishing at the Cecil Hotel
- American Murder: family next door
- The Staircase
- Evil Genius
- The Devil Next Door
- Ted Bundy film w/ Zach Efron
- Ted Bundy Confession Tapes
- The Confession Killer
- The Ripper
- The Nightstalker
- Aaron Hernandez doc
- Making a Murderer
- Most Wanted

Currently watching:
- The Keepers

Still to go:
- Don't F*ck w/ cats
Mindhunter I really am enjoying.

Reactions: max21

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
I didn't know anything about the Cecil Hotel case so I was really disappointed that they build up all these crazy possibilities, especially the thing about how everything mirrored that one movie (similar to the guy out of Don't f*ck with Cats) only for the conclusion to just be "oh she was mentally ill and just fell in"

Throughout the 2nd half of the series I just wanted to scream at them THE LID WAS OPEN WHEN THE JANITOR FOUND HER every time they were like "hurrdy durr it wuz clozed wen are officers went up there hurr durr" and all the mystery could have been prevented if they'd just acknowledged that one obvious detail

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I didn't know anything about the Cecil Hotel case so I was really disappointed that they build up all these crazy possibilities, especially the thing about how everything mirrored that one movie (similar to the guy out of Don't f*ck with Cats) only for the conclusion to just be "oh she was mentally ill and just fell in"

Throughout the 2nd half of the series I just wanted to scream at them THE LID WAS OPEN WHEN THE JANITOR FOUND HER every time they were like "hurrdy durr it wuz clozed wen are officers went up there hurr durr" and all the mystery could have been prevented if they'd just acknowledged that one obvious detail

They kind of glossed over the fact everyone staying there was drinking and showering in dead person goop

Reactions: tarheelhockey

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Holy crap the third season of Paradise PD went totally bonkers lol I don't think I'd ever seen so many cartoon boobs and shlongs. Christian groups are up in arms because of the episode Jesus had guns lol.

Crazy show.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Holy crap the third season of Paradise PD went totally bonkers lol I don't think I'd ever seen so many cartoon boobs and shlongs. Christian groups are up in arms because of the episode Jesus had guns lol.

Crazy show.

i've been watching this season, it's been terrible though, I'd be surprised if they get another season.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I'll Be Gone In The Dark on HBO is a very good documentary about the Golden Gate Murders.(Joeseph DeAngelo)

I thought it was on Netflix because it is HBO but in Canada it is on Crave.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
If you enjoy crime documentaries, the Night Stalker is a really good one.

I was in junior high in California during this and never before or since had I seen people so terrified. This is before the internet of course....it was 3 channels of television and you had to wait until the morning paper to see if anything happened in the other end of the state. He killed up and down the state, he killed men, women and children. Everyone was a potential victim

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I was in junior high in California during this and never before or since had I seen people so terrified. This is before the internet of course....it was 3 channels of television and you had to wait until the morning paper to see if anything happened in the other end of the state. He killed up and down the state, he killed men, women and children. Everyone was a potential victim

that sounds surreal. The evening news must have been huge

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
watched Murder Mountain, that was kind of nuts, being on the east coast my whole life I never heard anything about that then other I knew what the area was known for growing.

Started the Serpent, that seems like it could be pretty good. Plan on starting the Night stalker soon

Siamese Dream

Feb 5, 2011
United Britain of Great Kingdom
Recently finished a couple of German series which I enjoyed

Charité and then its supposed sequel Charité At War (I watched the latter first because it can be viewed as a standalone series)

Both are set in the famous Berlin hospital. The first one takes place in the late 19th century and focuses on the development of vaccines for tuberculosis and diptheria. The second one takes place in the latter half and up to the final days of the Second World War, as the title suggests, and deals with issues such as eugenics.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I would say the Serpent is a really good show, based on a true store and almost unbelievable at times. I would like to watch an actual doc on this guy. Some of the reviews were not great like they were waiting for a big payoff, real life doesn't work that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad