Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Interesting rumour or speculation from here in the UK. A few places suggested the Netflix had a brief discussion with buying the entire Star Trek series from CBS, sounds like the Bad Robot guys (who have screwed it up) are not fans of the idea and would have the ability to kill the deal

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Watched White Lines. At first I thought it was going to be very good. Then it just seemed to drag on. Maybe it's just me but I thought it overstayed its welcome with 10 episodes.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not yet. Was going to try it tonight. How is it?
I'm also trying to find out if it is any good lol I liked both the Korea and English movies and I am trying to figure how they turned this into a series. How long will the battle be to get to the front of the train? There are only two episodes totaling about 90 min so far.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
I'm also trying to find out if it is any good lol I liked both the Korea and English movies and I am trying to figure how they turned this into a series. How long will the battle be to get to the front of the train? There are only two episodes totaling about 90 min so far.
I haven't watched it yet but it's a narrative that lends itself so well to setting up back-story and setting up like different classes on the train.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Netflix Canada made only the first season of Sons of Anarchy available. That's like putting a dollar on the end of a fishing line. Haha you got me, so funny.

ItsFineImFine

Aug 11, 2019
Early reviews on Space Force are how I expected (based on the trailer): not very good

I watched it, it's okay. Very watchable but I've never seen better shows like Veep so why am I watching it? Also I hate John Malkovich and the accents he puts on in stuff like this or Poirot.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Anyone catch White Lines yet? Through 4 episodes out of 10 and it seems to drag on a lot. 55 minute episodes too
That's about as far as I got... After the first episode it seemed interesting and then tailed off very quick.

As for Space Force, I didn't hate it. Jean Ralphio is hilarious, usually apart of the few funny moments in the show.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Early reviews on Space Force are how I expected (based on the trailer): not very good
It was brutal, IMO.

Started watching Sons of Anarchy what a fantastic show.
Also watching Dead to Me with the wife. It's ok.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It was brutal, IMO.
I'm a few episodes in and just can't take it. It's abysmal IMO. I'm not really sure what Carell was going for with his line delivery TBH. I also have no idea what they were thinking with the daughter character. Maybe the most annoying character in recent memory.

Reactions: ACC1224

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
It was brutal, IMO.

Started watching Sons of Anarchy what a fantastic show.
Also watching Dead to Me with the wife. It's ok.
As someone who watched Sons of Anarchy throughout its entire original run, I gotta say be prepared to be disappointed. Definitely a show I wish I had given up on after the first season or two.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
The last couple of seasons lost me but that's not uncommon for many shows.
That's true, a lot of great shows have struggled to keep up the quality towards the end. For me, Sons starting going downhill during the later part of season 3 then gradually got worse from there. There were still parts I enjoyed in the last 4-5 seasons tho and I really liked characters like Bobby, Tig and Happy. Maybe I shouldn't say I regret watching the whole series but it was definitely a hot mess at times imo.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Highly recommend Space Force! Don't listen to the "critics" out there, show is very well done. Once you are a few eps in you get completely hooked. Pretty sure those "critics" bashing it either thought they were getting the Office part 2, or only watched the first ep.

Definitely looking forward to season 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad