Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
We watched "How to fix a drug scandal" over the weekend. It's about two lab techs in Massachusetts at two different facilities with no connection to each other. One marked tests positive on a routine basis to increase her volume, the other was consuming most of the drugs that came into facility. Their work resulted in convictions for thousands throughout the state.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
We just discovered Midnight Gospel over here. New cartoon by the guy who did Adventure Time. So utterly bizarre. If you watched Adventure Time or if you like strange acid trip animation, check it out.

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
The Platform....i really enjoyed this movie. Great all around except the ending was meh

agreed , well done but did not care for the ending

the ending was so weak

Agreed. Fantastic movie with an ending that fell flat on its face.

It had all kinds of potential to be an all time great for that genre of film as well, but the end just crushed those possibilities.

First time I have ever been legitimately shocked when the credits rolled.

It was such an amazing film and I was very invested in it. I couldnt believe it ended on that. I dont even understand the story behind it.

Could have honestly been a 9-10 but I ended up giving it a 6. Very disappointed and was left wanting more.

Reactions: tealhockey

tealhockey

@overtheboards
Jun 2, 2012
www.tealhockey.net
First time I have ever been legitimately shocked when the credits rolled.

It was such an amazing film and I was very invested in it. I couldnt believe it ended on that. I dont even understand the story behind it.

Could have honestly been a 9-10 but I ended up giving it a 6. Very disappointed and was left wanting more.
it's like they pitched the movie, "the platform is a metaphor for society, it's gonna be like snowpiercer" and then just didn't come up with an ending

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
it's like they pitched the movie, "the platform is a metaphor for society, it's gonna be like snowpiercer" and then just didn't come up with an ending

I was hoping, and somewhat expecting for them to have an encounter with the people running the platform, or at least reveal what happens to both of them once they reach the bottom. Do they get sent back to a floor? Do they get punished for "breaking the rules"? I almost feel like we got left with a cliffhanger on a movie with no sequel (I believe). Maybe I just didnt get whatever metaphor they were aiming at.

Reactions: tealhockey

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Finished Money Heist. Started Breaking Bad. Must be one if the few people who never watched an episode of Breaking Bad.
One thing I found the similar is there is a lot of guns firing off in both series
The difference, not many people gets killed in the Spanish show. While almost everyone dies off in the America drama

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
Finished Money Heist. Started Breaking Bad. Must be one if the few people who never watched an episode of Breaking Bad.
One thing I found the similar is there is a lot of guns firing off in both series
The difference, not many people gets killed in the Spanish show. While almost everyone dies off in the America drama

Breaking bad is easily the best show I’ve ever watched. It was rough to watch anything else shortly after I finished it.

Just finished the second season of All American. Not bad.

Reactions: chicagoskycam

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
The Last Dance is ostensibly about the Chicago Bulls final championship season but really it is more of a showcase for Michael Jordan's incredible legacy as a player. So far, four episodes have been released. The mini-series, ten episodes in all eventually, uses a great deal of never previously seen footage of the Bulls during their last hurrah season and employs Jordan as a running commentator throughout the episodes. Even at this point, The Last Dance is must-see stuff, especially for those too young to remember the Bulls almost magical dominance of the NBA for a very long stretch of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyFan

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The Last Dance is ostensibly about the Chicago Bulls final championship season but really it is more of a showcase for Michael Jordan's incredible legacy as a player. So far, four episodes have been released. The mini-series, ten episodes in all eventually, uses a great deal of never previously seen footage of the Bulls during their last hurrah season and employs Jordan as a running commentator throughout the episodes. So far, The Last Dance is must-see stuff, especially for those too young to remember the Bulls almost magical dominance of the NBA for a very long stretch of time.
Agreed. Great series!
If you were to construct a perfect team taking the GOAT in Jordan and giving him one of the great second players in Pippin, the top defensive player and rebounder in Rodman and one of the best outside shooters in Kerr sounds like a blue print that will never be repeated. The interaction between these guys and the tension with management and adding coach Phil Jackson who also had a strong personality really makes the series imo.
I still am amazed that Jordan was only the third overall pick in his draft year. He had amazing tools but really blossomed in his rookie year.

Last edited:
Reactions: OzzyFan and kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Agreed. Great series!
If you were to construct a perfect team taking the GOAT in Jordan and giving him one of the great second players in Pippin, the top defensive player and rebounder in Rodman and one of the best outside shooters in Kerr sounds like a blue print that will never be repeated. The interaction between these guys and the tension with management and adding coach Phil Jackson who also had a strong personality really makes the series imo.
I still am amazed that Jordan was only the third overall pick in his draft year. He had amazing tools but really blossomed in his rookie year.
Hakeem Olajuwon was the first pick overall. Can't blame Houston for that. On the other hand, Sam Bowie was a head-scratcher at the time because of his major injury history at Kentucky.

I'd also add Tony Kukoc to your mention of key Bull players. I think he was there for the last three championships. He was tremendously versatile, a brilliant passer and he hit an awful lot of big shots when they counted most.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hakeem Olajuwon was the first pick overall. Can't blame Houston for that. On the other hand, Sam Bowie was a head-scratcher at the time because of his major injury history at Kentucky.

I'd also add Tony Kukoc to your mention of key Bull players. I think he was there for the last three championships. He was tremendously versatile, a brilliant passer and he hit an awful lot of big shots when they counted most.
Yeah it was interesting as Chicago said they would have picked Olajuwon too. It’s amazing how so many things hinge on pure chance. Imagine if Portland would have taken Jordan with the second pick.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com

I will also add Kukoc might be the most abused guy in Chicago sports by his teammates, specifically Scottie and Jordan.

Reactions: kihei

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
4 eps into The Outer Banks and really enjoying it so far.
Seems like a show for younger viewers from the previews. True?

Wife and I watched Waco this week.
Better than I thought it would be. Recall it on the news when it happened but never really knew any of the details.
Interesting seeing so many recognizable Netflix/HBO actors in different roles. All were excellent

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Seems like a show for younger viewers from the previews. True?

Wife and I watched Waco this week.
Better than I thought it would be. Recall it on the news when it happened but never really knew any of the details.
Interesting seeing so many recognizable Netflix/HBO actors in different roles. All were excellent

I couldn't get into it because it didn't seem historically accurate at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->