Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I just finished watching Who Killed Little Gregory. I would recommend to fans of murder investigations.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I just finished watching Who Killed Little Gregory. I would recommend to fans of murder investigations.

I am not a fan of those really, but I watched the entire thing with my mouth open and 'wtf' in my head.

The French judicial system and media in the 80's were.....I mean, if that was an accurate portrayal, I literally can't understand how that system worked, or works if nothing has changed.

Reactions: Gains

Gains

Apr 29, 2012
Montreal
I am not a fan of those really, but I watched the entire thing with my mouth open and 'wtf' in my head.

The French judicial system and media in the 80's were.....I mean, if that was an accurate portrayal, I literally can't understand how that system worked, or works if nothing has changed.

It really was a horrible way of handling everything. The way they treated Gregory's mom is terrible.

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Been really enjoying The Irishman.

I thought the 3.5 hour run time looked a little too daunting, but luckily I saw this tweet. I'm up to "Episode 3" now and it works really well.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
I just finished watching Daybreak. If you don't take it too seriously and enjoy post-apocalyptic shows it's worth giving it a shot. I thought it was a good time killer and somewhat amusing.

I also recently watched Marriage Story, very good Netflix movie. Scarlett Johansson, and Adam Driver put in solid performances.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I have seen Marriage Story and it definitely hits the right notes in its presentation. There’s no great crescendo to dramatic events, although the argument scene is going viral. The praise it’s getting is worth it. Adam Driver is one of the best around, but we knew this already.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Really pumped for the Witcher. Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time. If they can capture even half of the greatness of those characters and story the show will be good. Also, seeing that Cavill has played the games and read the books is a good sign.

Reactions: tacogeoff

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Really pumped for the Witcher. Witcher 3 is my favorite game of all time. If they can capture even half of the greatness of those characters and story the show will be good. Also, seeing that Cavill has played the games and read the books is a good sign.
Early impressions seem overwhelmingly positive. I hope it's genuine and not just backlash to how GOT ended. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: Lias Andersson

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
I agree and I’ll add The Staircase as another excellent watch. It’s highly biased towards the defendant but impressive that they followed the case for 15 years. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I just finished watching Daybreak. If you don't take it too seriously and enjoy post-apocalyptic shows it's worth giving it a shot. I thought it was a good time killer and somewhat amusing.

Watched half an ep and turned it off. Thought it was terrible. And not shockingly it was just canceled and there will not be another season.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I just finished watching Daybreak. If you don't take it too seriously and enjoy post-apocalyptic shows it's worth giving it a shot. I thought it was a good time killer and somewhat amusing..

Seems to be alot of backlash on social media to some of the shows they cancelled recently

I have not seen any of the cancelled shows (Thought about watching Daybreak though)

I take it NF does this alot cancelling shows that develop small but devoted following without giving it chance to potentially grow

Essentially if show isn't an instant hit they give it axe? If so that is as foolish as regular TV and we have seen many good shows die young and it be recognized as mistake long after

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site

I just sighed up for a month of Netflix for The Witcher... so what time do they release their new shows?

grentthealien

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Yeah, I think he used to pretend he was Russian or was really into Russian prospects or something, can't really remember.
Is there anybody on here who had any contact with him and remember the kind of posts he had? I’d love to hear some stories about what it was like interacting with this head case. I’m in the middle of the documentary right now. I knew about his story before, but this really hammered home how f’d up he was. Just a pure narcissist.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Didn’t even make it 15 minutes into Marriage Story before the water works. I think I’m f***ed going forward

edit: round 2 at the 40 minute mark. I guess that means things are improving? Why am i still watching this?

A third at 80 minutes. At least the intervals are greater

hour and 40: holy shit adam driver is spectacular. I’ve only known him from a sort of novelty role in the HBO Girls show that my ex used to watch. He’s incredible, and i am exhausted from this film with a half hour to go. I thought Blue Valentine was difficult but this might outdo it.

Ah f*** i was doing so well until the end. Alright so it got me 4 times in total. Excellent, if not really difficult movie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad