Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Wow..Black Summer. Watched 3 eps and I can't watch a second more. Complete trash. Was hoping they would do something new with the Zombie stuff but nope. The story is horrible (is there even a story?) After the whole school ep i couldn't help but just laugh how terribly written this show is. STEER CLEAR.

And the interruptions to put Titles every 5 minutes is ****ing annoying as hell.

Yup. I watched the first episode and a half at the gym while on the bike. It is just pure garbage all around.

Think I will download Peaky Blinders and view the whole series again for a second time.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Black Summer: I was often left confused. The ending was meh, because there was no reason for us to care really. There were some good moments, but it’s largely just..... there. That’s the only way I can sum it up.

No Good Nick: Another interesting sitcom, which fits Netflix’s Netflix genre really. It’s a bit full. With Nick, the Thompson family, the imprisoned father, the foster parents, then the school gang. It’s a bit confusing of whether this is meant for kids, teens or adults. But you can find that same confusion in sitcoms like Fuller House and ODAAT as well. Overall it was worth the watch, very bingable. I’ll be curious to see how Part 2 goes.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Found a gem, Under Arrest, known as To Serve and Protect to Canadians, basically a Canadian version of Cops.
There actually was a Canadian version of COPS; it was called To Serve And Protect. Same premise, but the cops in question were usually responding to reports of a guy smoking a joint somewhere or stolen cars or something. You didn't get the American drama of gunfights or dramatic car chases, which was (for me) funny, because my uncle was a VPD cop once upon a time and you wouldn't believe some of the stories I heard about that guy.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
They’re canceling Santa Clarita Diet and that makes me very sad.
I literraly just got into this show about a week ago, my co-workers kept hounding me to watch it and i kept putting it off saying it looked stupid....boy was I wrong. The humor in this show is top notch. About 9 eps into season 1. The main characters work so well with each other.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
New season of Aggretsuko has dropped (see avatar).

Continuing the animated trials and tribulations of cutesy red panda Sanrio character Retsuko as she deals with the stress of a soul-crushing job in a Japanese accounting firm, a horrible half a lump pig boss, an overbearing mother trying to marry her off to someone anyone, a psycho trainee, and all the other assorted annoyances that face anthropomorphic cartoon characters. But Retsuko? She has an ace in the hole. Her secret love is singing death metal karaoke to get her aggression out.

Based on the series of Japanese shorts that are all dubbed in Portuguese on youtube for some reason.

Season one is actually a lot closer to the spirit of modern workplaces than 99% of all other serious shows and movies. Which is terrifying.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Ever since Age of Empires came out in 1997 I've been a bit of a historical nerd and these Chinese and Korean period dramas are pretty fun. That vikings show from Norway is also funny and the actors are impressive for doing it all in English.

I'm glad they've expanded into the content of other regions.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Ever since Age of Empires came out in 1997 I've been a bit of a historical nerd and these Chinese and Korean period dramas are pretty fun. That vikings show from Norway is also funny and the actors are impressive for doing it all in English.

I'm glad they've expanded into the content of other regions.
Age of empires ii FTW

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Watched The Perfection tonight. Really enjoyed it. Kinda felt like Get Out, which is weird cuz the same female lead is in it and she’s fantastic in this one.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Murder Mystery was a decent movie. Nothing to write home about but for a free Netflix movie it did the job.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I really haven't been following the Netflix shows very much (Still haven't seen Season 3 of Jessica Jones or any of the other Marvel shows), but I noticed they are coming out with a Space show that stars Katee Sackhoff (Starbuck from BSG). I might be looking forward to that and with the final season of Kimmy Schmidt and Orange is the New Black this year, this series might be up my ally. It's called "Another Life" and comes out late July (the day before the final season of Orange comes out).

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Just wrapped up the first season of Gomorrah, the Italian show about the Camorra, the mob in Naples. I have learned that Naples is a complete and utter shit hole. It follows the Savastano clan, father Don Pietro, wife Lady Imma, spoiled brat idiot fat boy son (for a while) Gennaro, and ruthless psychopath orphan lieutenant Ciro. Guess who the real gangster turns out to be? No, go on, guess!

The guys in the Sopranos live like kings compared to the Savastanos. Seriously, you thought New Jersey was ugly? It's Avalon after you've spent a week in Naples. Like, really. Remember in the Godfather when the Italian mob refused to get into drugs? Pretty much all these guys do is deal drugs. And do drugs. And set up drug dealing projects. And arrange drug shipments. They only take time out from drug-related activities to ride scooters and shoot each other. Also, their taste in furniture is terrible.

*edit* Oh, and my wife just finished the latest season of Stranger Things. I am so f***ing sick of the 80's it's unbelievable.

Reactions: Disappointed EP40

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Yankee season 1. Pretty much a Mexican/American cartel smuggling Drama. It has its good and its bad. All the scenes where they are speaking fluent Spanish the acting feels genuine and good. When they are speaking English (ICE/Bikers) the acting and dialogue is downright terrible....thankfully it is more Spanish then English.

Overall I would give it a 6.5/10. it is an entertaining show but it is very surreal and over the top with dramatics. It is kind of like Sons of Anarchy in terms of being over the top.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
just watched frankesteins monsters monster frankenstein

cant tell if it was hilarious or terrible. i think i liked it

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
It's Bruno - funny and silly/stupid all at once but I loved it. The episodes are short so you can watch the whole first season in a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad