Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Working through Narcos now. Just finished episode 6, season 2.

The 2nd season is really dragging. Getting sick of watching Pablo Escobar moping around his mansions in a bathrobe. I'm waiting for him to start wearing eyeliner and listening to The Cure.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Working through Narcos now. Just finished episode 6, season 2.

The 2nd season is really dragging. Getting sick of watching Pablo Escobar moping around his mansions in a bathrobe. I'm waiting for him to start wearing eyeliner and listening to The Cure.

I've kind of given up on the series. The first season was really nice but after that I felt it was too repetitive.

I went to Suburra instead and I've enjoyed those two seasons and it's my gangsters drama going forward.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I've kind of given up on the series. The first season was really nice but after that I felt it was too repetitive.

I went to Suburra instead and I've enjoyed those two seasons and it's my gangsters drama going forward.
Actually saw the last half of the third season of Narcos in...last August(? I think?) and liked it; the show's just sat in my Netflix queue forever since and I just recently started working through the rest.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
I just finished Russian Doll. I had to restart the first episode a few times just to get through it, but afterwards I thought it went fine.

After episode one finished I was wondering how I’d get invested at all in Nadia, as I found her to be kind of a hag. By the end of the final episode I was rooting for her like crazy.

Definitely a weird series, but I still liked it. After doing a rewatch of LOST on AP, the ending didn’t bug me too much.

Reactions: HockeyThoughts

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
after getting hooked on the German show Dark, I started watching another German show, Babylon Berlin. It's set in 1929 a crime drama, have to say I like it a lot. Just finished the 1st season.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I'm in the same boat. Good luck brotha
Yeah, we ran out of Narcos. Waiting on the next season of the Mexican version, which I have to admit isn't a patch on the first two seasons. Somehow, the Colombian guys were so much more menacing and charismatic. Gallardo just kinda pensively stares at everyone.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Started on the Umbrella Academy with no clue what was going on. Almost gave up on it, but got interesting about halfway through the first episode.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I am on a bit of a Marvel kick right now. Its great to watch them while riding the bike at the gym.

Finished Luke Cage and it was mediocre at best but I struggled through it. 4/10

Currently just finishing up season 1 of the Iron Fist. I really like it so far. 8/10

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Watched High Flying Bird last night. I was disappointed. I thought it was more pushing an agenda than trying to be entertaining.
What agenda? It was mostly predictable, but I'll give them credit with the storyline.

Read up on the production, somewhat interesting, shot on an iPhone. It's not the first film to do this, but probably something we are gonna see more of as the tech gets better and companies trying to produce content cheaper/quicker.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
What agenda? It was mostly predictable, but I'll give them credit with the storyline.

Read up on the production, somewhat interesting, shot on an iPhone. It's not the first film to do this, but probably something we are gonna see more of as the tech gets better and companies trying to produce content cheaper/quicker.

Maybe agenda isn't the right word, but it seemed more interested in making a statement about the player/owner dynamic than trying to be entertaining at all. It fell really flat for me.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I just finished Russian Doll. I had to restart the first episode a few times just to get through it, but afterwards I thought it went fine.

After episode one finished I was wondering how I’d get invested at all in Nadia, as I found her to be kind of a hag. By the end of the final episode I was rooting for her like crazy.

Definitely a weird series, but I still liked it. After doing a rewatch of LOST on AP, the ending didn’t bug me too much.

It reminded me a bit of an episode of Star Trek TNG called "conundrum" but funny. I got through a couple of episodes. I loved the scene where she's like, "all right I'm going down the stairs, everyone get the f*** out of my way.." in an attempt to have things turn out differently.

Rpenny

Feb 23, 2019
Watched The Dirt (Motley Crue biopic) and wow it's as bad as I figured it would be

when I heard it went from being a wide release to a netflix movie that was the warning sign for me. That and all the big names attached dropped out over the years. They really cut back in the infighting of the band and of course they ignore the real serious problems the band had. Only fun part of that they continued with shedding no light on Mick Mars. Just they way he likes it--they could have had more fun with that.

Also it ignored this

27 Years Ago: Bon Jovi's Manager Convicted of Smuggling 40,000 Lbs. of Marijuana

there is a reason why Doc starting working for the band

people and stuff they left out

10 People and Events Left Out of Motley Crue's 'The Dirt' Movie

Last edited:

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
when I heard it went from being a wide release to a netflix movie that was the warning sign for me. That and all the big names attached dropped out over the years. They really cut back in the infighting of the band and of course they ignore the real serious problems the band had. Only fun part of that they continued with shedding no light on Mick Mars. Just they way he likes it--they could have had more fun with that.

Also it ignored this

27 Years Ago: Bon Jovi's Manager Convicted of Smuggling 40,000 Lbs. of Marijuana

there is a reason why Doc starting working for the band

Yep, they ignored a lot of the decadence but with the #Metoo movement it's pretty obvious why they shy away from that stuff but it's ridiculous that they're pressured to

The actor playing Mick Mars stole the entire movie for me and he was the one capable actor at many points in the film it seems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->