Online Series: NETFLIX (The General All Things Netflix Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Really? So this show is farther from a comedy than shows like

Six Feet Under
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Planet Earth
True Detective
The Wire

I could go on and on but I think the point is made
None of them are comedies, just like 13 reasons why. I question if you ever watched it if you think it even resembles a comedy in the slightest.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Anyway looked for something new to watch when I finished Sex Education.

And man, I started Russian Doll and didn't stop until it was over. Highly recommended. The Groundhog's Day shtick has been done before but it's really terrifically done here. Definitely one of Netflix's better original titles.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
started watching the Punisher series yesterday. I expected it to be a cookie cutter Marvel offering. I am three episodes in and its not to bad at all, really fleshed out.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Watched the Ted Bundy doc. I didn't think the tapes of Bundy himself talking were all that insightful, but I did still enjoy the doc. I didn't really know that much about the story so I found it all really interesting. I wonder if people who were familiar with the facts found it underwhelming.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Watched the Ted Bundy doc. I didn't think the tapes of Bundy himself talking were all that insightful, but I did still enjoy the doc. I didn't really know that much about the story so I found it all really interesting. I wonder if people who were familiar with the facts found it underwhelming.

I lived through it (was a teenager in Colorado when he made his escapes), so I was familiar with the story.
I found the show dull.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Anyway looked for something new to watch when I finished Sex Education.

And man, I started Russian Doll and didn't stop until it was over. Highly recommended. The Groundhog's Day shtick has been done before but it's really terrifically done here. Definitely one of Netflix's better original titles.

yeah last night i was going to sleep but started episode 1. ended up staying up and watched the whole series, it was so good though i didnt really like the last episode as much.

mike was the perfect character. such a dick but knew it

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
I started watching Sex Ed, since some here suggested it. About half done. I'll keep watching.
Also watched an episode of Russian Doll. Will probably watch a few more, before making a determination on it.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I saw an article about JPMorgan suggesting that Apple needs to buy Netflix if they want to break into the streaming service game.

Please no.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

All I knew about Ted Bundy was that he killed attractive women and was as shocking as he was cause no one thought he looked or acted like a killer.

I thought the tapes were sort of insightful cause they sort of tied into...well just how baffling it was that all the evidence against him was so obvious. Seems to me he learned about circumstantial evidence and thought it was a blanket protection to engage in his atrocities so long as he was mostly careful. He really was delusional.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I watched 2 episodes of russian doll, seems ok so far. also watching Dark, I first tried watching it with the dubbing but couldn't stand it so I went back and watched it with subtitles and it's pretty good. I'm about half way through, it's different.

also watching cheers, grew up on it and haven't seen it in many years, show is still great and funny.

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
I watched 2 episodes of russian doll, seems ok so far. also watching Dark, I first tried watching it with the dubbing but couldn't stand it so I went back and watched it with subtitles and it's pretty good. I'm about half way through, it's different.

also watching cheers, grew up on it and haven't seen it in many years, show is still great and funny.

Your Netflix has Cheers?? There is no classic comedy on mine. I’m only asking because of your username but are you in Montreal or the States?

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Watched the doc on the alt right. Was really well put together. The main antifa dude they were following seemed like a really good guy. I hope he overcomes his health problems.

It kinda made me wish I could find groups of Nazis to throw shit at. But at the same time made me glad I don't live somewhere that nazi rallies are a normal occurence.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Finished Russian Dolls the other day, pretty good as I like the groundhog day theme.

Also finished Dark, wow that was a bit of a mindf***. Really enjoyed it and if you are interested in time travel and the paradoxes it creates, I'd highly recommend, I watched it in German as I can't stand dubbing.

Started watching Kingdom, not sure if I will continue with it or not.

Reactions: Tuggy

BGDDYKWL

Jul 16, 2007
Russian Dolls, I'm only two episodes in so no spoilers please, but let's just say the first episode. What on Earth was good about it? Not interesting, not funny, they somehow manage to turn a great premise into nothing more than a look into the lives of a bunch of unlikable degenerates.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
So I just started watching Sex Education....HIGHLY RECOMMEND. This show is comedy gold, each ep is about 50 minutes so it's not just a quick 30 min show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad