Online Series: Netflix removes Chappelle show after Chappelle asks them

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Just incase you did not know.

the way netflix and other ONLINE services work. Only the people who OWN the product get paid. Not the performers or anyone else who usually get royalties rights from the shows or movies

Chappelle has a contract with Netflix and they like him--other people who worked on other products do not have a leg to stand on

BTW

This is one reason why actors now demand to be made executive producers of their shows and have for awhile--EPs ALWAYS get paid

Last edited:

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
So does Disney+ over here, I heard. But I got it for one year, while splitting it with a friend.

So far here in the UK,(remember we had the dicussion where I am about 3 years ago) Disney + has allowed me to look at what Australlia has to offer--which is a lot more than here in the UK. Aussie Disney + has more to offer than Disney + USA

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
You know that cancel culture has gone too far when celebrities start cancelling themselves.

:sarcasm:

tenor.gif

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I don't think he is being genuine about this. He walked away from the show after signing the contract, so not getting paid is on him. He just wants to bully Viacom into allowing him to do another season, but on Netflix. That is why they would play ball.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I don't think he is being genuine about this. He walked away from the show after signing the contract, so not getting paid is on him. He just wants to bully Viacom into allowing him to do another season, but on Netflix. That is why they would play ball.

Reading between the lines from various interviews he recently did, he walked away for what he felt was a lack of consistency with their standards department. I think that's part of it but I also think he got burned out and had a bit of a breakdown. Whether he walked away or not I'm not sure it matters if he didn't have the rights to get paid on reruns, heck streaming didn't even exist back then so I don't even know how that works.

I'm not a fan of what he's doing here though. It was a great show and only can build your brand.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pizza!Pizza!

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
It's a shame because a lot of the younger folks today who partake in cancel culture really need to see Chappelle Show.

It would be a hell of an education in how racial comedy is done and why it's ok to make jokes about each other.

Every race got theirs on that show, and none of it was mean spirited and everyone laughed.

Hell, the racial draft skit or Clayton Bigsby would melt down Twitter if they came out today

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

the way netflix and other ONLINE services work. Only the people who OWN the product get paid. Not the performers or anyone else who usually get royalties rights from the shows or movies

Chappelle has a contract with Netflix and they like him--other people who worked on other products do not have a leg to stand on

BTW

This is one reason why actors now demand to be made executive producers of their shows and have for awhile--EPs ALWAYS get paid
It's ridiculous that a stupid producer gets paid instead of the artist.

Reactions: Korg

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia

BTW

That sucks. It should work the same as syndication, just with smaller paycheques due to the lack of advertisement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad