Waived: Nestrasil

Status
Not open for further replies.

redwingsphan

Apr 25, 2014
Probably right, good to see Jurco staying up.

If this was just to send Weiss to GR, then I doubt nesty even really goes down. It is just a paper transaction and they will recall him after Weiss is down. It is a little strange that they would unnecessarily subject him to waivers if this is the case though. They could have done the same thing with Jurco.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
If this was just to send Weiss to GR, then I doubt nesty even really goes down. It is just a paper transaction and they will recall him after Weiss is down. It is a little strange that they would unnecessarily subject him to waivers if this is the case though. They could have done the same thing with Jurco.

Kuflan says he'll be re-assigned if he clears.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Should've been Cleary, but from a development standpoint Nestrasil needs to play games to progress -- and he should clear.

This creates open competition for injury callups, because we have little of substance in the pressbox.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Helene St. James ‏@HeleneStJames 3m3 minutes ago
#RedWings GM Ken Holland on Andrej Nestrasil being waived: "We know it's risk, but he needs more time in AHL to establish himself."

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007
I don't think any team was looking for a guy who works hard but doesn't really do anything. He didn't suck per se but he wasn't anything special. There's really no need for a team to claim him because every team has players like him right now.

VM1138

Apr 30, 2007
So we just sent down Nestrasil because he wasn't good enough? Not because they want to make room for someone else? Unless I'm forgetting someone now we will only have one healthy scratch forward each game (Cleary).

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Thought he looked easily good enough to stay in the NHL. Hope no other team noticed him.

Me too.

He was a perfectly competent bottom 6 type player. Gritty, won some board battles, had decent offensive instincts. He just wasn't scoring, but at the time that was a team-wide problem. He had some shots and some chances and set up some others as well.

I honestly could not say Jurco clearly outplayed him to the point where the waiver concern would have been overridden.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Ill go out on a limb of optimism and say they want Jurco and Pulkinnen on the roster :yo:

But on the real, with Smith out for (at least) the Jets game, might they being making room for XO?

Last edited:

JPE123

Jan 23, 2013
I hope he clears and really would rather him playing in GR than being a scratch here. I think he clears and it will work out for us and good for GR

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Ill go out on a limb of optimism and say they want Jurco and Pulkinnen on the roster :yo:

But on the real, with Smith out for (at least) the Jets game, might they being making room for XO?

Where would Pulks play? Without injuries, he got no spot at all.

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
Where would Pulks play? Without injuries, he got no spot at all.

Pulks and Jurco was pretty much a for fun thought. I brought up the point of making room for XO since Smith is out; This is a much more likely scenario.

But for the sake of fun:

Z - Pav - Mule
Tats - Sheahan - Nyquist
Jurco - Helm - Pulks
Miller - Glendening - Abdelkader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad