OT: NESN Bruins Classics

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Murray was my favorite Bruin at the time.

He took a lot of hate from the fan base that playoffs.
He was not long for the new NHL post lockout.

They made out like bandits in both the Kessel and Lucic deals.

Reactions: SPV

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Murray was my favorite Bruin at the time.

He took a lot of hate from the fan base that playoffs.
He was not long for the new NHL post lockout.

They made out like bandits in both the Kessel and Lucic deals.

Murray’s play during that season was terrible. The playoffs just took it a few steps further. I’ve never seen a player hit rock bottom so fast. He didn’t have any points during the playoffs and had 30 during the regular season despite exclusively top line minutes.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Kind of strange for me to watch that game on TV. I can still remember my view of every goal up in the balcony as if it was yesterday. I had come down from Vermont (was attending college at the time) that afternoon. I think we got tickets for around $50 each up in the balcony?

That 2008 game 6 was a huge turning point for Bruins hockey. Ushered in a new era.

Reactions: sarge88 and SPV

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Kind of strange for me to watch that game on TV. I can still remember my view of every goal up in the balcony as if it was yesterday. I had come down from Vermont (was attending college at the time) that afternoon. I think we got tickets for around $50 each up in the balcony?

That 2008 game 6 was a huge turning point for Bruins hockey. Ushered in a new era.

I will argue til the day I die that the real turning point was Savard's OT winner in Game 3. They had lost 12 in a row to the Canadiens to that point. They went 0-7-1 against them that regular season. That goal was a huge weight being lifted

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I had a class that I couldn’t miss.

My classmates knew I had recorded the game.

Class let’s out at 8:30pm and this ******* says to me “They’re down 3-0, huh?”.

I was ****ing livid.
Yeah you never missed anything,I had taped the Chicago game last Cup appearance,and heard the score,was glad actually I had no interest in watching them lose the cup,I have never watched it still,I wish I had been working for this game also,damn retirement.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I will argue til the day I die that the real turning point was Savard's OT winner in Game 3. They had lost 12 in a row to the Canadiens to that point. They went 0-7-1 against them that regular season. That goal was a huge weight being lifted

I’d agree with that.

What I should say is that series was the turning point, even if they ended up losing in 7.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Murray teals from Kovalev after Kovalev is severely injured on his arm.

Wait, is that the right year?

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Broken record alert....

I say this every time NESN comes up but with the hundreds/thousands of games worth of footage they have, I am so disappointed they aren't more creative with their programming.

Top 20 Bruins Goals
Top 20 Bruins Playoff Games
Top 20 Bruins fights
Top 20 Bruins Characters

etc.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Broken record alert....

I say this every time NESN comes up but with the hundreds/thousands of games worth of footage they have, I am so disappointed they aren't more creative with their programming.

Top 20 Bruins Goals
Top 20 Bruins Playoff Games
Top 20 Bruins fights
Top 20 Bruins Characters

etc.

I say this all the time about 'classic' games on TV, there were plenty of classic games more than 10 years ago. This was a nice one to catch the other day though, as I needed a lift after the last real game

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad