NES/SNES Classic Editions

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
Not sure if my parents paid $60 for DD II back then.

But, other than HDMI and the cuteness factor, not sure why I want this, when I can emulate NES on like everything at this point, and I have an Everdrive+retro duo or Wii that can already do this.

(it would have to be an awesome emulator with the best progressive scan and zero FPS drops for me to buy this, because seriously NES emus have been done...but it is cute)

Taking things quite literally, eh?

I see this mostly being sold to older folks who aren't quite as into gaming as most (like me who has played maybe 2 games in the last decade). Once it sells a ton over the holidays, they'll release some sort of expansion packs, I'm sure.

JA

It's too expensive considering the lack of actual physical game copies and how basic the hardware is. The games themselves are also almost thirty years old, and are widely available in other formats.

For $24.99, this would be in a lot of households. For $59.99, not a lot of people will be touching that thing.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Why they wouldn't put Contra is nostalgia crushing. Super C is good though.

It beats me... probably something about rights. Contra is not on the VC, but Super C is. Surely it would be on the system if they were allowed to have it.

Apart from Contra Gun.Smoke is the biggest omission in this bundle.

Lost Horizons

Oct 14, 2006
Mass
Not sure if my parents paid $60 for DD II back then.

But, other than HDMI and the cuteness factor, not sure why I want this, when I can emulate NES on like everything at this point, and I have an Everdrive+retro duo or Wii that can already do this.

(it would have to be an awesome emulator with the best progressive scan and zero FPS drops for me to buy this, because seriously NES emus have been done...but it is cute)

Original NES games were $49.99 new at TRU,Eb games etc. DDII came out in 88 so that $49.99 would be the equivalent of $101.86 today

As for this I'll probably get it for Christmas. Granted my original NES(with a new 72 pin connector) is still hooked up to the tv,as is the Wii(and PS2,3,4 as well) but the original NES games are getting a little to pricey to keep out and use so it will get put away. I've also got hundreds of roms that I've had since the 90's just in case i want to play on the old computer

forsbergavs32

Global Moderator
Jan 21, 2011
Fresno,CA
I'll probably end up buying it just because but I still have my original NES with a new 72 pin connector installed and a working tube TV so I can still play all these games without input lag (im still not so sure that this new system will be free of lag even with HMDI since the games were made to run at 480p)

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
If they released something like this for SNES I would buy it but NES didnt age very well.

Depending on the games, I'd be down for a mini-SNES system, but if they ever came out with something similar with N64 games, I might **** a brick.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
Depending on the games, I'd be down for a mini-SNES system, but if they ever came out with something similar with N64 games, I might **** a brick.

YUP an N64 where you can play on the HDMI TV's would have me paying almost as much as a new console.

N64 with Ocarina of time and Wrestlemania 2000 would be amazing

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Emulator is just so much better. You can get any game from essentially any system. This is a cool idea, but I already have all the retro games I want anyway.

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
So I understand the nostalgia factor and the fact that it's iconic, but why use the original controllers? The rounded controllers that came with the NES2 (like the SNES controllers) would probably be better from an ergonomic standpoint.

Although maybe people won't have the attention span for old games to play long enough?

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
Emulator is just so much better. You can get any game from essentially any system. This is a cool idea, but I already have all the retro games I want anyway.
An emulator is alright on an ouya or something with a decent control,

but on a pc or mobile phone its just stupid. I mean try playing megaman or super mario on a mobile phone. Its horrible. I play tactics advance (a classic) on emulator but thats one of the few that are playable.

This is a decent product for its price and I'd really be interested in seeing what more they come out with if this sells well.

Jasper

Mar 16, 2002
Will absolutely but this. Adventures of Link was one of the best games of all time. Original Final Fantasy and Mario 3 are insane bonuses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad