NE's & Getz's GM Game #5 - Sign Up + Discussion (Game Closed)

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
So we're pretty much trading, then starting the 2010-11 season? Correct me if I'm wrong

The season is essentially just a build-up for the playoffs. A trading period, if you will. So all the trades will go down during the season, then the deadline, and then the playoffs will begin after that.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
So what date are the rosters from? Do injuries like Malkin/Crosby still count? I'm going to be way over the cap depending on certain circumstances.

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
So what date are the rosters from? Do injuries like Malkin/Crosby still count? I'm going to be way over the cap depending on certain circumstances.

Yeah, we'll just say any player on the IR won't count against the cap, and you won't be able to use them.

Sorry about the on-the-fly rule changing, folks.

Also, the rosters are current. So Penner is on the Kings, Kaberle the Bruins, ect.

So, we don't have to re-sign right?

You can begin re-signing once the season begins. But you won't have to re-sign until after the Draft.

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York
Yeah, we'll just say any player on the IR won't count against the cap, and you won't be able to use them.

Sorry about the on-the-fly rule changing, folks.

Also, the rosters are current. So Penner is on the Kings, Kaberle the Bruins, ect.

So, since I'm the Rangers, Callahan can't be included on the roster?

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
You can switch teams if you'd like. This is my fault.

No it's cool I guess... Top five pick here I come.

I have an idea though. Maybe instead of doing it this way, we could start the 2011 off-season, then do 2011-12 season/deadline/playoffs, and finish it off with the 2012 off-season.
It would kind of weird but at least it would be different from what everyone else was doing....

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina

I have an idea though. Maybe instead of doing it this way, we could start the 2011 off-season, then do 2011-12 season/deadline/playoffs, and finish it off with the 2012 off-season.
It would kind of weird but at least it would be different from what everyone else was doing....

That's an interesting idea...I don't know, it might be a little late to switch things up. I'll see what NE thinks when he comes on, but I'm not a fan of changing things up last minute.

OrangeZebra

Unregistered User
Mar 3, 2011
New York

Yeah thats what I thought it was until now

Gibby

Apr 29, 2010
London, ON

I think we should do it this way too because a lot of times when the season is done first the game begins die out around playoff voting

johnnydollaz89*

keep it at the 2011 trade deadline and go from there onto playoff voting, draft then free agency then trades open back up then 2011-2012 season, trade deadline, playoff voting free agency

johnnydollaz89*

thanks buddy :) these things never ever go 2 seasons like that and i would like to see one go beyond the draft and free agency cuz thats just boring

virothepyro

#lydia2012
Jan 11, 2009
Hopefully we can have a few seasons it would be interesting to see everyone's team's a few seasons down the road

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
So we're rolling with the idea proposed earlier now. We will begin with a re-sign and deal phase, then an Entry Draft, then Free Agency, and then we'll move into the pre-season and the season will begin.

Really liking this idea, I think it'll be loads of fun.

HockeyRulez

Panthers hockey since 1993
Nov 11, 2010
The Sunshine State
So we're rolling with the idea proposed earlier now. We will begin with a re-sign and deal phase, then an Entry Draft, then Free Agency, and then we'll move into the pre-season and the season will begin.

Really liking this idea, I think it'll be loads of fun.

Then I would've been my panthers...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->