Confirmed with Link: Nemeth Signed - 1 yr @ 2.5

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Pretty much this, looks like a stopgap contract to me. Timmins could end up winning a spot this year if he has another camp like last year, Makar could be around as early as the 19-20 season so there probably won't be room for Nemeth after this year anyway.

Meloche is another possibility too. Also I never count out a waiver pickup, Sakic loves his free castoffs.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Meloche is another possibility too. Also I never count out a waiver pickup, Sakic loves his free castoffs.
I think we might be past the point where that makes sense now. Smart waiver pickups are a good way for a team lacking depth to find it, but considering our sudden logjam at the NHL level I'm thinking we're more of a candidate to lose somebody to waivers than gain.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

They won't have the first pick though. They'll be middle of the pack. Having the first pick got them Nemeth, and I think Nieto and Barberio as well.

Wagner was a solid pickup too though I thought. That's probably the best they can hope for with a middle of the pack wavier pickup. They kind of got lucky teams passed on him though to be honest.

Drury_Sakic

Jul 25, 2003
www.avalanchedb.com
Good signing. Short term and won't block development of the younger guys that will be pushing next year while providing insurance against another EJ injury and some general depth to the blueline.

Now bring a vet center or two in on a PTO that is an ace face-off man and see if they can't steal a job as the 12th/13th forward and a very solid offseason will be completed.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
This deal smells strongly of "he won't be offered another contract" to me.

One thing is for sure, with this salary Nemeth will be under pressure to deliver, taking another step forward but hopefully this is good both for the Avs and for Nemeth himself (people deal with pressure in different ways, some step up and some failing).

Statistically Nemeth had a great season and his agent used this to get him paid, simple as that.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->