Confirmed with Link: Nemeth Arbitration Aug 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't expect Nemeth to get more than a year and not more than 1.5M. Injuries are a definite concern and quite frankly with the Cole deal he's just not needed here anymore and certainly not beyond maybe 1 more year.

If he's looking for 2M+ I suspect Sakic just walk away(not sure that's possible now though).

We should probably expect him to get more the $1.5M. He played a bigger role on the team as a defenseman, then Nieto did as a forward last year, and Nieto got $1.975M x 2. Last year they were pretty close in salary too. $945k for Nemeth to $1M for Nieto.

We should probably expect close to the same deal Nieto got. 1-2 years for about the same AAV, or perhaps slightly more.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
The shoulder surgery (or if it was shoulders?) is both concerning and promising for Nemeth at the same time, it obviously depends on the outcome and the recovery.

If successful it may help him to take the next step in his career, if not it may very well be the last NHL season for Nemeth?

According to wellknown Swedish hockey blogger Jonatan Lindquist the Swedish national team was considering Nemeth last year but he had to say no because of his injury. Good enough for the Swedish national team in but lots of fans here still obviously don't want him in Colorado? As most hockey "experts" know Sweden is well known for great defensive talent and the competition is massive.
Tweet from 23/4 2018.

Translated:
Patrik Nemeth just announced no thanks to the national team. He would be more than happy to play, but he will be forced into surgery now after the playoffs.

Last edited:

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I like Nemeth, I rip on him all the time because he extends shifts by icing the puck or making poor decisions, but he is good on the PK and I am fine with him for a 6th d.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The shoulder surgery (or if it was shoulders?) is both concerning and promising for Nemeth at the same time, it obviously depends on the outcome and the recovery.

If successful it may help him to take the next step in his career, if not it may very well be the last NHL season for Nemeth?

According to wellknown Swedish hockey blogger Jonatan Lindquist the Swedish national team was considering Nemeth last year but he had to say no because of his injury. Good enough for the Swedish national team in but lots of fans here still obviously don't want him in Colorado? As most hockey "experts" know Sweden is well known for great defensive talent and the competition is massive.
Tweet from 23/4 2018.

Translated:
Patrik Nemeth just announced no thanks to the national team. He would be more than happy to play, but he will be forced into surgery now after the playoffs.

It was the world championship. Being invited to the WC means next to nothing considering A) Half the players cant even attend because they're playing in the playoffs and B) Another large number of them decline the invitations after already playing a full 82 game NHL season.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Nemeth is pure gold. Who'd have thought a few years ago:
Zadorov, Cole, Nemeth down the left
Johnson, Barrie, Girard down the right
Depth: Barberio, Lindholm
Prospects: Makar, Timmins

We are looking mint at the moment (injuries aside).

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but Nemeth’s arbitration hearing date is set for August 4th.

As an FYI, Mark Stone’s is one day prior on August 3rd.

Reactions: ASmileyFace

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hard to tell he was playing with bum shoulders, since he don't have the best puck skills to start with.

Just fit him with adamantium shoulders.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Icings statistics for NHL players

According to this site Nemeth had the worst icing +/- icing (being on the ice for an icing for/against your team) among defensmen in the NHL last season. He drops to 56th worst when you sort it by +/- per 15 minutes of play.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Icings statistics for NHL players

According to this site Nemeth had the worst icing +/- icing (being on the ice for an icing for/against your team) among defensmen in the NHL last season. He drops to 56th worst when you sort it by +/- per 15 minutes of play.

Well, they should let him go if they don't want him but hfboards luckily isn't deciding.

You are right though, most of his stats were impressive last season but not this one. ;-)

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Well, they should let him go if they don't want him but hfboards luckily isn't deciding.

You are right though, most of his stats were impressive last season but not this one. ;-)

Oh I like him, but what it says is that he shouldn't be a top 4 guy and should always play with a guy who is good at getting the puck out.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I must be reading this table wrong... I see he has a +5 icing ratio ? With Barrie at -32 and Zadorov at -15?

Okay that site might be scewy. It seems to be showing different numbers now than when I checked it before.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Nemeth WAS invited to play for Team Sweden lately as was Hägg (Philadelphia) etc. Use to be a receipt you have become a good player. The Cole signing was not to get rid of Nemeth but rather to get a real good no. 3 LD. So...someone brough up the icing stats... I am FOR taking an easy way out sometimes... AGAINST bad penalties... FOR big defenders... AGAINST drälla med pucken (fumble with the puck) that almost all swedish defenders do... (well, maybe not Erik Brännström)

Best guess: 3 more years at 2.1 a year... the judge gonna stare himself blind on the +/- stats.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
He should get one year, sure he was good this year in a role he was asked to play and even played a bit over his head, but he has no track record to speak of.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
One year is ideal, but it will probably be two with a lower AAV knowing the way Sakic operates.

Reactions: klozge

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
One year is ideal, but it will probably be two with a lower AAV knowing the way Sakic operates.

I agree.

A one year deal for a waiver wire pickup coming off his first decent season would make sense, but I expect a two year deal with a lower AAV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->