Confirmed with Link: Nemeth Arbitration Aug 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Fair for both sides. If Nieto sticks as a third liner, he'll get paid by Avs or someone else in two years time.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
Great, fair deal for Nieto. I'm really glad it's a two year because that puts him out of next offseason's contract craziness.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I’m obviously talking about their contract, but thank you for letting me know what I already know. :D

I've learned I can always count on you for a snarky/negative comment, but just so you know, when you call a player signing a contract "comparable" what you're doing is saying the two players are similar and thus should get similar salaries. So it's not out of line for someone to bring up some way they are different from each other in a reply.

But y'know, snarky replies to people trying to be helpful and agreeing with you is a great way to communicate. :D

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I've learned I can always count on you for a snarky/negative comment, but just so you know, when you call a player signing a contract "comparable" what you're doing is saying the two players are similar and thus should get similar salaries. So it's not out of line for someone to bring up some way they are different from each other in a reply.

But y'know, snarky replies to people trying to be helpful and agreeing with you is a great way to communicate. :D

I don’t think anybody took my post to suggest Nemeth and Petrovic shot with the same hand other than you, but alrighty. Let’s move on.

LTC Pain

Jul 1, 2006
Colorado Springs, CO
Found this at Pro Hockey Rumors:

• Avalanche defenseman Patrik Nemeth may not be ready for the start of training camp following multiple offseason shoulder surgeries, GM Joe Sakic told Mike Chambers of the Denver Post. The 26-year-old is Colorado’s last NHL restricted free agent and is coming off of a career year that saw him post 15 points (3-12-15) in 68 games while logging just shy of 20 minutes of ice time per game. Nemeth was among the group that filed for salary arbitration earlier this week and is one year away from UFA eligibility.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I don't expect Nemeth to get more than a year and not more than 1.5M. Injuries are a definite concern and quite frankly with the Cole deal he's just not needed here anymore and certainly not beyond maybe 1 more year.

If he's looking for 2M+ I suspect Sakic just walk away(not sure that's possible now though).

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
If Sakic and company have any concerns about Nemeth's shoulder, a one-year deal seems more likely IMO.

Reactions: McMetal

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Did I read that right?

Nemeth has undergone double shoulder surgery... like... on both shoulders or two separate operations on one shoulder?

Sounds like a mess either way.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Did I read that right?

Nemeth has undergone double shoulder surgery... like... on both shoulders or two separate operations on one shoulder?

Sounds like a mess either way.

Come signing makes way more sense now. Nemeths shoulder/s are probably not in a great place right now.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I don't expect Nemeth to get more than a year and not more than 1.5M. Injuries are a definite concern and quite frankly with the Cole deal he's just not needed here anymore and certainly not beyond maybe 1 more year.

If he's looking for 2M+ I suspect Sakic just walk away(not sure that's possible now though).

I agree with you mostly, but I'd give him 2M for one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad