Confirmed with Link: Nemeth Arbitration Aug 4th

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Don’t agents/players sometimes just file to put deadline on when they need to sign with having 0 intention of going to arbitration?

Not really to worried about either of these guys being overly difficult to sign

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Hopefully the Nemeth deal won't have much term, we already have a lot of depth. Plus I fully expect Makar to go pro next year and be NHL ready.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hellebuyck, William Karlsson and Stone are the ones with very strong statistical cases.

Spooner the most likely to have the team walk away (41 points in 59 games).

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Probably get their deals done before their hearing dates.
I think so, too. Would be a shame if not. And I'm with Foppberg, one more season with Nemeth should be enough. If Timmins doesn't stay concussed forever Nemeth is already only our 7th or 8th (Meloche might make the team) dman.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
With Cole here, I really don't see a need for Nemeth. Hopefully it's just a 1 year deal.

I’d prefer Nemeth to be paired with Cole on our bottom pairing over all the other alternatives currently on the roster. If you’re talking long term, then yeah, sure. We probably don’t need Nemeth when Makar and Timmins are ready.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I’d prefer Nemeth to be paired with Cole on our bottom pairing over all the other alternatives currently on the roster. If you’re talking long term, then yeah, sure. We probably don’t need Nemeth when Makar and Timmins are ready.

Personally I'd like to see Cole with Girard. Cole can play the right side and it'd allow Girard to do his thing and not worry

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Nieto will be an interesting one. 15 goals is nothing to sneeze at, but the eye test doesn't exactly match up with he stat line there. I would guess that the parties are farther apart on that one than they are on Nemeth.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Nieto had 15 goals and 26 points so he has a decent case in arbitration. I do think Bednar and Avs like him, so I would expect him to get re-signed before the hearing.

Nemeth is probably coming back too. Avs being a strong PK team when he joined isn't lost on them.

Reactions: AvsGuy

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
With Cole here, I really don't see a need for Nemeth. Hopefully it's just a 1 year deal.

I think for this season at least Nemeth (or someone equivalent to him) is absolutely essential. We need plenty of guys who can reliably play bottom pair minutes and even second pair for short stretches, because injuries are bound to happen. Without Nemeth we have zero NHL quality depth unless you count Alt. Even next season we might still need him depending on the development of the kids. So I personally think a 2 year deal would be fine for him, although a 1 year might be better.

member 116861

We absolutely need Nemeth, he is a competent defenseman. Haven't we learned from the past 10 years how rare and important that is?

Reactions: Spender

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
I think Nemeth wants to stay, he's probably just concerned about his role with the Cole signing. It should be no problem to sign him to a 1-2 year prove-it deal.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
It is strange for me to see this and really not care, as I usually do when some Avs' players file for arbitration. (I sort of care about Nieto...but not that much).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->