Nelson Peltz interested in buying Islanders

Street Hawk

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
The NHL saved the teams in declining rust belt cities like Buffalo/Pittsburgh, so if push comes to shove the Islanders should get the same treatment....the franchise is a potential gold mine.

Buffalo had the HSBC Arena built already when they were in bankruptcy. Pens would have left Pittsburgh had the city not ponied up for the Consol Energy Center.

Same thing will apply for the Islanders. If the TOH doesn't pony up, the Isles will leave Nassau county. Would the NHL want them in KC or Winnipeg? I doubt it. They would probably prefer to see the team play in Brooklyn at the Barclays Center, even if it is in front of 15K of fans. Advertising and corporate support would have to make up for the lower capacity.

Again, can the area really support a refurbished MSG in New York, the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, and another arena in Queens by Citi Field? Sounds like overkill to me.

OthmarAmmann

Omnishambles
Jul 7, 2010
NYC
my point is there are many isles fans in the city that cant make it to Nassua....it would be easier for them to travel via Train...same goes for Suffolk fans

[mod delete]

I took the train to Nassau Coliseum for the first time a few weeks ago. I will not do it again.

If they were in Flushing or even within walking distance of a LIRR station then I'd go to Isles games sometimes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->