Neil vs Downie

IdealisticSniper

Nov 9, 2008
Downie never yelled for the refs to come. He is always yelling for them to stay away actually. Glad you enjoyed Neil getting popped quite a few times and only getting Downie once or twice and getting 19 minutes in penalties for his idiocy.

Milan the God*

I'd say Neil took that one.

Downie never yelled for the refs to come. He is always yelling for them to stay away actually. Glad you enjoyed Neil getting popped quite a few times and only getting Downie once or twice and getting 19 minutes in penalties for his idiocy.

The 19 minutes of penalties led to a Sens short handed goal.

Doctor Drej

Unregistered User
Jan 10, 2009
The Quiet Room
I have no reason to be mad nor am I after a 5-2 win and being 2 points away from clinching a playoff spot.

Whatever helps you sleep at night, I guess.

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
Downie never yelled for the refs to come.

"I'M DONE!"

He is always yelling for them to stay away actually.

:laugh:

Tampa fans think that's the kind of player Downie is. In reality this is a guy who tells his opponents he doesn't want to fight in order to get a jump, as he's done with Ruutu and Neil in pre-season last year.

As for the fight itself, it's a draw and unfortunately the least one-sided of the 3 Neil-Downie tilts to date. I'm sure he'll be back on top next time. :)

LTIR Trickery

Plz stop pucks
Jun 27, 2007
Scrip Club
"I'M DONE!"

:laugh:

Tampa fans think that's the kind of player Downie is. In reality this is a guy who tells his opponents he doesn't want to fight in order to get a jump, as he's done with Ruutu and Neil in pre-season last year.

As for the fight itself, it's a draw and unfortunately the least one-sided of the 3 Neil-Downie tilts to date. I'm sure he'll be back on top next time. :)

This post oozes with feel good

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sens fans look pretty silly here. Solid scrap, but there is no way of telling what Downie was saying.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
Downie had already been on the ice for a while, and then got elbowed and shoved to the ice. Neil initiated it, so I have no problem with Downie wanting out. Neil turned in a terrible fight, because he should have pounded him. Instead, this was a draw at best for Neil. I was sitting about 8 rows from the ice in that corner, and saw Downie connect on Neil more than the other way around.

Good game for Lightning fans.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
lol, you can hear it clear as day, he screaming at the refs "IM DONE! IM DONE!".

bwahahaha, suck it Downie.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
lol, you can hear it clear as day, he screaming at the refs "IM DONE! IM DONE!".

bwahahaha, suck it Downie.

Yeah, go ahead and cheer Neil as he was leading downie with his elbow into the boards then continued to cheap shot him when he was on the ice. Well done sir. :handclap: :shakehead

TheRealSpez

May 2, 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bWlPg3kg3Y

And lightning fans are wondering why all the sens fans like to remind everyone how much we hate steve downie. He has a history against us, and most every team in the league. Why are so many people defending him?

edit: link needs to be loaded in another window for some reason.

Last edited:

straka91*

Lol at Downie, but atleast someone on the Tampa Wings dropped the gloves.

bassassin

Apr 1, 2008
England
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bWlPg3kg3Y

And lightning fans are wondering why all the sens fans like to remind everyone how much we hate steve downie. He has a history against us, and most every team in the league. Why are so many people defending him?

edit: link needs to be loaded in another window for some reason.

He has a history against the Sens sure.

What other teams though? Thats just bs.

We defend him because he isnt the same player. Tocc calmed him down a lot. He plays with an edge, but in the NHL with the Lightning he hasnt been suspended. He has played with us for almost 2 and a half seasons now. Doesnt that tell you something? He is a fan favourite and an asset to our team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad