Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Neely catches crap but he wants uptempo team that can crush you

he’s exactly what I want for vision

This team last 2 years was at least a top 10 team - oh wait I added a 0

SMILEY FACE LAUGHING

apparently they took away

Neely comes across as the guy pushing for big bodies that have back fired. A hot headed dude that pushes and makes rash decisions (Seguin).

Don comes across as the rational / deep thinker guy. Looking to find gems. Coyle and Krug come to mind.

Do I know this for fact? No. Just a hunch.

Reactions: Gordoff and Estlin

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Neely comes across as the guy pushing for big bodies that have back fired. A hot headed dude that pushes and makes rash decisions (Seguin).

Don comes across as the rational / deep thinker guy. Looking to find gems. Coyle and Krug come to mind.

Neely wants up tempo - attack responsibly

move the puck finish checks - strong down the middle with a defensive base - wingers who can score & mobile D that can defend and retrieve

There is a reason they made it to game 7 beat Blues 7-1 and 5-1 in their Cup clinching game and were the only team to get 100 points this year

I am reading this board and it’s like they are the Sabres

Here is a tip for you - making zero moves they get over 105 points next season and can beat anyone in the playoffs with healthy roster

we will see how great Tampa is if Anthony Cerelli is their #1 center

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
If Cam really wants a big, hard-hitting up-tempo team that can attack responsibly (i.e. has skills) then he is high as a kite. Where is he going to find all these guys, and if he does, how does he fit them into a cap world? It's a nice blueprint and vision, but it is never going to happen.

Charlie Coyle was a homerun, but he not a hard hitting check-finishing guy. The guys I assume that were brought in at Cam's behest to realize his vision have been largely crap. Rinaldo, Hayes, Beleskey, Backes. Just awful, really. Wagner I guess fits the mold, but he was not very good last season.

Screw trying to create this vision from the UFA pool. Sign your skilled goal scorer for the wing and let a good team be better. Stop chasing unicorns Cameron.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas

move the puck finish checks - strong down the middle with a defensive base - wingers who can score & mobile D that can defend and retrieve

There is a reason they made it to game 7 beat Blues 7-1 and 5-1 in their Cup clinching game and were the only team to get 100 points this year

Here is a tip for you - making zero moves they get over 105 points next season and can beat anyone in the playoffs with healthy roster

yet in a decade at the helm, for all that want, he has failed to make the team in that light. In fact, they have gone from the toughest SOBs on the block with skill to win to the reincarnation of the early 2000s Montreal smurf teams under his reign.

Talk is cheap, actions and results matter.

Yay, sign me up for another empty 100pt season where they get dominated in the playoffs...no different than those paper tiger Canucks and Caps teams from a decade ago

Reactions: Gordoff

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Some posters here think losing in Game 7 of the finals is flat out failure.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I would never be happy about it, but I see all of the teams my friends have cheered for their entire life and just think about how lucky we are to see our team even play in ONE cup in our lifetime (under 30 years), let alone 3 times with one win.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass

When you spend a lot of time looking for gems you get rocks lol lol . Yes the Seguin trade as the years go by was awful but not like the summer of 2015

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
The only thing we can do with the past is learn from it. And I'd say as a fan, my main takeaway is that whomever has led the charge for size/grit, and approved the acquisitions, has done an objectively terrible job. The first goal of this offseason should be to replace that employee and find someone who can do at least a borderline adequate job.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I still contend that had the refs called that obvious penalty on Bozak late in Game 5 when he slew-footed Acciari, the Bruins are 2019 cup champs. You know it's a missed call when even the player causing the infraction thought he was going to the box.

I've followed hockey for over 50 years and I'm still baffled as to how that was not a penalty. Really? With two refs, no call? The officials, their supervisors and the NHL can go f' themselves.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They should tape the season and playoffs and if the Bruins win the Cup they can rewatch - if they lose they didn’t waste their time

this regular season waste of everyone time

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub

He didn't find Krug did he?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad