Management Neely has learned value of patience

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...s-president/a7aYEmP6dkUgq1R8vNme9I/story.html

Neely has been in town long enough to know what the pucks partisans here expect. They demand a hard-charging, hard-working, high-IQ hockey club that keeps the lights on and the Zamboni revving at TD Garden during the NHL playoffs.

Team owner Jeremy Jacobs and son Charlie, team CEO, have made it clear that the puck stops with Neely.

“I don’t have a problem with that. I really don’t. Things don’t go well, people have to find someone to be upset with. If it’s me, it’s me,†said Neely. “I can only control what I can control. My hopes are that our fan base and the people that matter see what we’re trying to accomplish here, and hopefully the results will show up on the ice and in the standings.

“You want it to be quicker than maybe sometimes it happens, but we still have to continue down the path we started to get back to where we want to be, and that’s ultimately to compete for Stanley Cups. You get a little flavor of what’s coming. Hopefully, these young players develop for us, and hopefully we can continue toimprove as a club.â€

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad