Needs versus Gets

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
Its still early and to be fair to Bergy there are some good UFA's still available. Like someone else said we have two months to wheel and deal and sign players. I still think the best signing we've made was when we signed our new goalie coach. If we get Carey playing elite again, look out.

It is like groundhog day. I read the same stuff every year. Patience....we're not done yet.....blah blah blah. While you may be right. Habs do not really make any significant moves via trade in the summer. Plus Bergy has not shown me that he is willing or able to make those moves that address our holes in the short term. Nill comes into Dallas and makes significant changes to address needs.

I don't like the makeup of the current team whether we are building through ufa or free agency or whatever.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
well, they didnt acquire any big/tough players so no one will bother looking at their new roster... even though they're the ones who managed UFA day the best IMO.

Its good the Wings will bring speed and skill to the East. If the habs continue the success of last season there could be a culture change in the NHL. Of course that is completely wishful thinking.

The playoffs this past year sucked. Reffing was horrible. The whole idea putting the whistles away is dumb.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
It is like groundhog day. I read the same stuff every year. Patience....we're not done yet.....blah blah blah. While you may be right. Habs do not really make any significant moves via trade in the summer. Plus Bergy has not shown me that he is willing or able to make those moves that address our holes in the short term. Nill comes into Dallas and makes significant changes to address needs.

I don't like the makeup of the current team whether we are building through ufa or free agency or whatever.

These are the moves habs made throughout the year to strengthen our team:
1. Extend Moan
2. Extend DD
3. Pick up declining 35 yr old smurf
4. Pick up declining 34 yr old goon
5. Extend Cube
6. Trade Cole for Ryder

Any more? Should I feel better? How do you feel?

Last edited:

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
1. Extend Moan
2. Extend DD

Well, to put a positive spin on it, it looks like the Habs will have a chance at getting a top draft pick next year.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
1. Extend Moan
2. Extend DD

There are a few player moves I like:

Buying out Kaberle & Gomez
Cole trade

I dislike bringing back Bouillion

I absolutely HATE the DD signing

Parros signing is OK...I don't see anything bad with it...but would have liked a 30 year old Parros instead. Still, it was a need and it has been filled.

Briere signing I'm really on the fence with. I like that it's a short term so it's not too terrible. My problem is we are a small and soft team and went and got a smaller player.

If Bergie goes and adds some size and toughness in the lineup this offseason, then I'm happy..if this is pretty much all we get then I'm disappointed.

Still, I think the future is bright. It's a lot better than the Gainey years where we had high priced vets and barely any top line prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad