Need recommendation on roller blade wheels

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
The wheel furthest back on my roller blades (both feet) wore out and is done so thought it would be a good time to buy some wheels. These ones did the job and they were the ones that came with the skates so nothing special.

I keep reading that people should get at least 82a wheels or something in terms of hardness because this is for roller hockey on pavement or ashfault. But I also see that you get less grip as the wheel gets harder? I'm not the most powerful skater right now and don't have a huge push-off at the moment so what would you guys recommend in terms of brand/wheels?

I'm not aware of any store that sells them (here in Mississauga, On anyways) so I'd also appreciate a recommendation on some Canadian shop which sells wheels and doesn't charge too much for them or for shipping.

EDIT: Should I go for something like this? 72 mm at 83A
http://www.hockeygiant.com/hypp150whl4pk.html

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
You're playing outdoors on pavement? 82A will be fine. You won't lose grip. Anything less and it'll just mean you replacing the wheels sooner. I'm guessing this is just for some street hockey with buddies?

That's a pretty decent price, IIRC, on that link. I don't know any online stores. Back when I played roller hockey I'd just go to the LHS and spend anywhere from 40-60 bucks (could have even been a little more, can't quite remember) to replace an entire 8 wheel set.

You use high-lows, yes? So you'd need to get the 72 and 76's, for 30 bucks altogether it seems quite cheap!

budster

Schoolyard Puck
I play street hockey once a week and 82A's work great. What's your HiLo setup? 72/80 or 76/80? Check out the seller tgm_skateboards on eBay. They sell generic looking black hockey wheels, but they are good quality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad