Need opinions and advice!

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Hey guys, just looking for some opinions on how well I drafted my team. It's a 12-man (not H2H) pool with my friends. Each team is allowed 6F, 4D, 2G, 5 bench, and some IR guys. Points are G = 1, A = 1, HAT = 2, W = 2, OTL = 1, and SO = 3. I drafted 8th:

1. (8) Claude Giroux
2. (17) Jonathan Quick
3. (32) Kris Letang
4. (41) Marian Gaborik
5. (56) Carey Price
6. (65) Brian Campbell
7. (80) Loui Eriksson
8. (89) Alexander Edler
9. (104) Patrik Elias
10. (113) Chris Kunitz
11. (128) Kevin Bieksa
12. (137) Valtteri Filppula
13. (152) P.A. Parenteau
14. (161) Nail Yakupov
15. (176) Michael Ryder
16. (185) Marcus Johnasson
17. (200) Pascal Dupuis

IMO, I think it looks pretty good but I'd still like to read some other opinions. My bench has no defencemen but I did that because defencemen won't be generating that many points with the way our pool is set. I think my bench forward depth will end up benefiting more in the long run, even if they might not get as many games in. I'd still like to know if any think I should I grab bench defencemen.

Also I was offered a trade of Nicklas Backstrom (Caps) + Brayden Holtby for my J. Quick and Yakupov. It seems like a pretty close deal with two stars and two guys with immense potential. I'm a Caps fan so I'd love to have Backstrom, but I'm not sure if this is the right deal. Unsure how goalies will play out in a shortened season. Unsure how many games Holtby will start, even though he'll probably start the year as the number 1. Unsure if Yakupov is worth the risk of keeping? Thoughts?

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Yea, but Backstrom was taken the pick before I got Letang. It was the 3rd round 31st pick. Holtby taken in the 10th round with the 114th. Yakupov taken 14th with the 161st.

So it's my 17th and 161st for his 31st and 114th. Avgs: my 89th for his 73rd. Never really counted it that way. Not sure if means anything as pick value is pretty subjective at lower picks.

But let's just look at yahoo fantasy projections for this year. Quick = 59pts, Price = 54pts. Backstrom = 56, Yakupov = 25, and Holtby = 36.

Accepting the trade I'd gain 31pts with Backstrom over Nail. But lose 23pts with Holtby over Quick. That's a net gain of 8pts. Still very even considering Holtby could get taken out by Neuvirth. Backstrom isn't necessarily guranteed a PPG pace. Yakupov could pull on "Ovechkin-like" rookie year. So many possibilities!

Man I'm still stumped on this one.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
My friend modified the trade to this:

Quick, Yakupov and Edler

for

Holtby, Backstrom, and R. Suter.

Still undecided...

CJV123

Feb 4, 2010
My friend modified the trade to this:

Quick, Yakupov and Edler

for

Holtby, Backstrom, and R. Suter.

Still undecided...

Pass. Quick is a monster value, esp when SOs are either a category or highly weighted.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
Ah true. I didn't seem to consider SOs enough. Those will probably be the difference in this deal. Thanks for brining that up!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad