"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Okposo finally scores
Thompson is actually developing
Smith showed speed

B
Scorers go cold, it happens, but you just can’t have everyone cold at once. Can’t happen.
Our offensive defense has dried up too
Hutton is always good for 1 highlight save, and 1 joke

U
Jack hurt.........were 1 grade above tank Sabres without him
I’m starting to question how deep I thought this team would be long term; people get better, but Mittelstadts progression has stalled. Olofsson looks like a compliment. Nylander is an enigma. Where is the offense coming from to compete with our division??

Reactions: Buffaloed

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
U
I’m starting to question how deep I thought this team would be long term; people get better, but Mittelstadts progression has stalled. Olofsson looks like a compliment. Nylander is an enigma. Where is the offense coming from to compete with our division??

Im with you to a certain extent

I do think Mitts has the skill to be something special. But half a season in, he looks like he should have been in the AHL this year.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
G
They looked like they actually cared
Explosive 3rd

B
Hutton letting in his daily ugly goal, hate to see that as the GWG
Can create chances, can't finish at all.

U
This team is screwed without Eichel.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
We need a trade.

You can preach patience ...kids are coming yada yada yada ... but We don't have one player that can drive a line outside of Jack ..not on the team and none in the pipeline.

We had one...but Botts decided to trade him for utter garbage.

Dietpepsi

Jun 27, 2015
I think this is how you progress.
baby steps.
we are getting better but it takes time
as long as they don't rush, trade stupid picks we will get there.
The talent isn't quite there for this team offensively but we have decent D , and decent goal tending.
We should still fight for a wildcard spot, and may come up short.
Hopefully they are realistic at the deadline and are sellers rather than buyers.. No need to try and take shortcuts

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Lol at Tage developing.

And #2 center is on pace for 20 points.

Hilarious

Compare Mittelstadt on tape from game 1 to today, you’ll see roughly the same player.

Compare tage the same, it’s different. His stupid giveaways are way down, and he’s getting his shot off way more. That’s progress a lot of Sabres can’t attest to.

zuikan

Mar 26, 2018
We don’t need jack, except Jack and a few other things. I thought Thompson looked good and Mitts a lot better than usual, other than neither actually scoring.

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Smith
Hutton, mostly
Okposo scoring, finally

B
Sam
Dahlin is getting gassed
Mitts

U
Jack out
This team is approaching free fall territory

ISeeStars

Jun 23, 2018
Iowa
G:
3rd period energy
Okposo finally scoring

B:
Hutton's awful softee GWG

U:
Eichel out of the lineup

This team will fade out of playoff conversation by the time the trade deadline hits unless a forward outside of Eichel/Skinner can get another line producing. Would make for a giant failure of a season after being at the top of the league 1/4 of the way in. I'm so disgusted we have dropped this far even though my expectations this year were so low.

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
G
Okposo finally scores
Thompson is actually developing
Smith showed speed

B
Scorers go cold, it happens, but you just can’t have everyone cold at once. Can’t happen.
Our offensive defense has dried up too
Hutton is always good for 1 highlight save, and 1 joke

U

Four first round picks in the next two years. Otherwise, it looks like we’re a ways off.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
May want to think about trading for a center.
I want to punch Housley every time I see this posted. Does Botts say something to Phil at some point? He very clearly said, several times I might add, that Sam is one of their center options during the offseason. How can he possibly be worse than who we’ve had centering the middle 6 this year?

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I want to punch Housley every time I see this posted. Does Botts say something to Phil at some point? He very clearly said, several times I might add, that Sam is one of their center options during the offseason. How can he possibly be worse than who we’ve had centering the middle 6 this year?

I can post that question a few hundred times. Then you can challenge Housley to a boxing match. :laugh:

Seriously, even with Reinhart, I think the team needs to trade for another center.

And also seriously, in don't understand why two consecutive coaches won't play Reinhart at center. Is Reinhart asking not to play center?

Gabrielor

Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Four first round picks in the next two years. Otherwise, it looks like we’re a ways off.

Going to require something that our scouting crew hasn't had to do in many years. Hit in the 20s. Also, we eventually need some non-1st hits if we don't want to be the Islanders or Dallas. There's promise, but need that payoff.

Reactions: Techno Allah

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Im with you to a certain extent

I do think Mitts has the skill to be something special. But half a season in, he looks like he should have been in the AHL this year.

Agreed. Almost what them to acquire another Center just to send him down. We really can’t afford for him not to pan out. He’s gotta get it going and it isn’t going in the NHL

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Compare Mittelstadt on tape from game 1 to today, you’ll see roughly the same player.

Compare tage the same, it’s different. His stupid giveaways are way down, and he’s getting his shot off way more. That’s progress a lot of Sabres can’t attest to.

When is Tage going to develop another shot type than his toe drag shot just inside the blue line?

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnumForce2

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
You have no idea how glad I am I never pulled the trigger on that mini plan (didn't have the money after missing time at work looking after my mom after she fell off a ladder hanging up Christmas lights and broke 2 ribs). If I go the tickets will be like $10 a game with the secondary market completely imploding in a couple of weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad