need help with my shot

ILflyersfan12

Feb 26, 2010
hey guys, i posted a thread about floor hockey. we had our first get together tonight just to play around. it was kind of a practice. but anyways. tonight we were playing and id go for a one-timer or just a slap shot and i cant seem to get the puck very accurate. i can get it off the ground, it is just not accurate. also my stick handling is not very good.

anybody have any tips to give me?

thanks guys, ILflyersfan

trtaylor

May 5, 2010
hey guys, i posted a thread about floor hockey. we had our first get together tonight just to play around. it was kind of a practice. but anyways. tonight we were playing and id go for a one-timer or just a slap shot and i cant seem to get the puck very accurate. i can get it off the ground, it is just not accurate. also my stick handling is not very good.

thanks guys, ILflyersfan

Practice. Lots of it. There are no shortcuts.

GoldenTriangle

Jan 15, 2011

thanks guys, ILflyersfan

For starters, try pointing the blade of your stick at the target on the follow through.

But as it has already been said, lots and lots of practice.

Headcoach

Mar 29, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
www.passthepuck.net

thanks guys, ILflyersfan

Well, Illinois Flyers Fan, first mistake is that you are not a Blkhwksfan.:laugh:
First, when you are doing one times, you have to have a passer that knows how to pass. Plus, you need to know how to stand. It's not as easy as it looks. Timing has to be everything.

Second, the passer needs to pass the puck directly in the middle of your legs while you are facing him. If he doesn't, you have to quickly adjust your position to allow the puck to enter between your legs. Now, the puck is not really going to go between you legs and out the other side. It's just that you need to use this..."Between your legs" as a set up guide.

Third, If the puck enter the shooting zone directly in the middle, the shot will go low as long as you point your stick in the direction you want it to go. AKA: point to the target!

Fourth, If the puck is about 1/2 to 1-1/2 inches towards the front foot that is closer to the goalie, it will fly higher. Plus, you will need to follow through high with your stick.

Fifth, puck height is not important and neither is hitting the target! Why? Well, if you send the puck high and it hits one of your team mates screening the goalie, you might have problems with him in the dressing room after the game. So this means that when you are ready to show off the wonderful one timer of yours, please be a little more respectful of your team mate in front. If he's there, send it low. If he's not in the way screening, then send it high. If he is not in the way..."DON'T MISS THE NET!"

Sixth, now hitting the target. I said in the last one...hitting the target is really not that important. But ONLY when you have a team mate in front screening the goalie. How, if you send the puck on the ice, and it's about 1 to 1-1/2 feet off the line of sight of the goalie, the team mate in front SHOULD get his blade on it and redirect the shot.

Seventh, you also need a screener in front that knows how to screen and deflect or redirect the puck. Plus, you have to have a team mate that's not affraid to stand in front of that shot, if the defenseman pushes him in front of the on coming bullet that you are sending...that sucks! This is another good reason to send the puck on the ice, when you have a screener in front of the goalie.

Eight, In my opinion, the best place to send the puck in a screen is across the slot area, to the other side from where you are. If you play right defense, then you should be on the left side of the attacking zone to take full advantage of that one timer. So, if you are at the left point and your defensive partner is in the middle (which he should take the shot) but sometimes defenseman love to take the risk on passing across Ice "D to D". So if the comes to you and the goalie has now set he angle with respect to you, now you send the puck across the slot to the other side he just left. Why? If you shot it at him, he has the angle on you. If you shot it across the slot just by your screener in front, he will get his blade on it and now it has a better change of going in, then on your side because of the angle.

If you are at center, out at the point, and you get the shot...DO NOT SEND IT DIRECTLY IN FRONT! Send the puck on either side of the screener in front. This will give him a better deflection angle on the goalie. If it goes straight at the goalie, it really kind of a waisted shot. Can it go in...yes! But, the screener in front has a better deflection angle to drive that goalie up the wall. He'll be going one way and the puck will be going the other way....yeah, that sucks for him.

jorbjorb

hello.
Dec 28, 2010
1. always keep your eye on the target, don't look at the puck
2. learn the snapshot
3. develop skills to power your shot from your stick not from your body. Use the flex of your stick for more power

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
1. always keep your eye on the target, don't look at the puck
2. learn the snapshot
3. develop skills to power your shot from your stick not from your body. Use the flex of your stick for more power

Never looking at the puck on a one-timer is a quick ticket to hilarity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad