need for speed

kostas

Jul 18, 2018
anyone else think that the flyers need to get rid of lehterra and weisse and probably rafl and add some speedy guys that can kill penalties and forecheck?? I feel like adding JVR and Lindblom doesn't improve speed and guys like lehterra and weisse need to be replaced immediately. If the flyers don't do this, the team will really struggle as the league continues to get faster

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
They're adding speed and size, but it takes time.
JVR adds size, but not speed.
Subtracting Filppula and Read almost guarantees the team is faster.

But speed alone has limited value, Leier is fast, small, soft and skill challenged.
Lindblom lacks speed but does everything else right.

Guys like Frost and O'Brien will add speed, Ratcliffe a nice size/speed combo, but for the most part Ron has gone for other skills over pure speed in our top prospects.
However, other than the Water Bear, aren't a lot of slugs in the pipeline.

kostas

Jul 18, 2018
They're adding speed and size, but it takes time.
JVR adds size, but not speed.
Subtracting Filppula and Read almost guarantees the team is faster.

But speed alone has limited value, Leier is fast, small, soft and skill challenged.
Lindblom lacks speed but does everything else right.

Guys like Frost and O'Brien will add speed, Ratcliffe a nice size/speed combo, but for the most part Ron has gone for other skills over pure speed in our top prospects.
However, other than the Water Bear, aren't a lot of slugs in the pipeline.
Good point about Frost. i guess fans are starting to believe that he makes the team this year. If so, the flyers will go 3 scoring lines deep. hard to believe how fast things have changed since hextall took over

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
anyone else think that the flyers need to get rid of lehterra and weisse and probably rafl and add some speedy guys that can kill penalties and forecheck?? I feel like adding JVR and Lindblom doesn't improve speed and guys like lehterra and weisse need to be replaced immediately. If the flyers don't do this, the team will really struggle as the league continues to get faster

Yes.
Yes.
No.

They could absolutely use more speed.

By the way, its Lehtera, Weise, and Raffl.

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
I imagine once Weisse drops that extra 's' he'll be much faster.

It depends if he drops the S that stands for slow or the S that stands for speed.

The remaining S will stand for stallion.

weise2.jpg

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

JVR and Lindblom are upgrades in the puck moving department, which increases speed.

Everyone but a couple people want to get rid of Lehtorgo and Horsebiscuit effective -365 days.

kostas

Jul 18, 2018
I wish we had a Wilson or Wood type to play in the bottom 6. That's right...I said it again!

not at the foolish Wilson contract of course.
Please no more big bodies like Wilson. Unless Simmonds goes, I don't want another big physical guy

Reactions: Rebels57

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
This is the correct answer.

Shout out to the OG Need for Speed from way back in '94 tho, all the showcases were so cool and the presentation was well done for that time. Really got me excited about cars as a kid.
Never played that one. I was 1 year old in ‘94. :laugh:

Underground 2 was perfectly timed because it came out shortly after the first two Fast and the Furious movies.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Yeah Raffl is a solid forechecker and has good enough speed. He's fine for what he is but eventually will be replaced.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad