Post-Game Talk: Need For Speed unlimited by both sides (Oilers 3-4 Habs)

POTG (03/02/2019)

• Total voters

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The shoulder aspect is worrisome, however, how do we know with any degree of certainty that it was a shoulder injury:

We don't have an update on Byron's status for now, so there is a contingency plan. Shaw is getting close to a return, also:

I think an argument can be made for this. Cowan is dead on, how many times have we seen Byron show lots of courage and resiliency. He's a Wolverine all his own:

Last edited:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Let's just not go into semantics. You decided to restrain it to TOP 2 pick, quite simply, which is just a lame argument.

I'm done with this conversation, have a good night

Just curious, what's the common understanding of "semantics"?

semantics = meaningless splitting of hairs
Semantics = study of meanings
Semantics v Pragmatics = bad battlezone in Linguistics

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Just curious, what's the common understanding of "semantics"?

semantics = meaningless splitting of hairs
Semantics = study of meanings
Semantics v Pragmatics = bad battlezone in Linguistics

Just curious... you can type all this but can't use google?

I mean, semantics, meaning of words. What else should it be?

Reactions: Stubu

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Just curious... you can type all this but can't use google?

I mean, semantics, meaning of words. What else should it be?

When a post questions the underpinnings of certain easily verifiable terminology, it could also be meant as strictly rhetorical. :D

Reactions: Stubu

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I got that, that's why my first sentence was also rhetorical

rhetorical = funny or silly Q
Rhetorical = relevant to the art of personalizing a message, delivering the package; or inversely what the Postmodern crowd hated and wanted to undo
rhetorical = well put
rhetorical = sharp dressed man

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Big 2 pts against the Oilers. Wish we got the 2 pts against the Devils but 3/4 is not bad. Hope we snag the wild card spot and face the Caps/Pens in the 1st two rounds like we did a few seasons back now.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Every reporter is a wannabe doctor. This guy claims it's not a shoulder injury as Byron was seen with a sling on his left forearm:

Then when you read the user comments, you find even more virtual doctors, including the user who claims he knows someone close to the team and overhead it was a hand fracture:

J'ai des amis qui font la sécurité au Centre Bell, dont une qui travaille très près de la chambre des joueurs. Elle a entendue fracture à la main. C'est l'info que j'ai, mais je ne suis pas journaliste ou informateur. Juste un partisant avec des amis bien placés

Yeah, I also have friends at the Bell Center, from the organ player to the DJ. And I can't get any of them to play a song that I like. :sarcasm:

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
What's damn stupid is you're arguing against this and saying it's stupid, yet doing the same thing we've done in the last 25 years seems like a great idea, and go for a pointless playoff run.

That's a dilemma. There's Einstein's quip roughly "Insanity is trying the same thing over and over again and expecting new results" [CBA to check the wording] and there's was is Socrates? "You can't jump in the same river twice".

So are you trying the same thing, or a new thing? What changed? Has anything changed with the Habs?

Regarding Kotkot, earlier I thought he should have spent this year in Boring Asshat, and because Habs is his future team, I was also thinking a good old tank job is the only way.

But now I'm becoming more of a fan of the team too, not just the [oh guess my nationality] fav player, so I'm now in the fuk it hey ho lets go! camp in the Habs corner.

So there you go.

BTW, love how he's not shying away from wrangling and wrestling near the opposing net. He's got skill but I like the power forward aspect there too. He's got the vision to make that a surprise thingy lol

When's he's filled up and 24 or so and in his prime

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
It is honestly mind blowing that a team with 7 top 10 picks in the last 10 years has Ty Rattie and Milan Lucic on their top line.
It is all mind blowing.

But I actually like both of them, just not on the top line, and Lucic not on that contract to boot. I'll be surprised if some Oilers pick isn't flying the other way accompanying Lucic. (I suspect other GMs are wary of their prospects by now, especially the "managed" blue chips. So I's expect picks it's going to be.)

What do you think about Puljujarvi then? It goes beyond bad asset management, it goes to bad development, and that's a mortal sin.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Every reporter is a wannabe doctor. This guy claims it's not a shoulder injury as Byron was seen with a sling on his left forearm:

Then when you read the user comments, you find even more virtual doctors, including the user who claims he knows someone close to the team and overhead it was a hand fracture:

J'ai des amis qui font la sécurité au Centre Bell, dont une qui travaille très près de la chambre des joueurs. Elle a entendue fracture à la main. C'est l'info que j'ai, mais je ne suis pas journaliste ou informateur. Juste un partisant avec des amis bien placés

Yeah, I also have friends at the Bell Center, from the organ player to the DJ. And I can't get any of them to play a song that I like. :sarcasm:

I’d figure who that security person was and fire them.

Reactions: Runner77

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Armia is a very useful and solid player. But yeah, he doesn't bring anything particularly special. The team is better with him in the lineup though, because he does bring a little bit of everything. Not a gamebreaker but you need guys like him that can eat minutes responsibly and allow your top guys to rest without having to worry that he'll mess up. He does have some offensive skill but honestly it's dime per dozen kind of skills in that regard.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

I don't get it...how does having your arm in a sling means it's not your shoulder?

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Armia is a very useful and solid player. But yeah, he doesn't bring anything particularly special. The team is better with him in the lineup though, because he does bring a little bit of everything. Not a gamebreaker but you need guys like him that can eat minutes responsibly and allow your top guys to rest without having to worry that he'll mess up. He does have some offensive skill but honestly it's dime per dozen kind of skills in that regard.
Honestly Armia reminds me so much of Larry except he's a winger. Lots of skill and talent but just hasn't strung it all together to be offensively consistent. He's definitely slower than Larry but probably a bit better at takeaways defensive positioning.

MaxDummy

Yeah
Jul 3, 2011
Laval
Super impressive. All the other names played all or most of their careers in a goal driven era, other than weber.
Very impressive, but legit question, because I wasn't born ...

How many PP per game would a team average in the Bourque days?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Are there actually people suggesting ITT that we should just donate a playoff spot to someone?:laugh:

The difference between a 13th pick and an 18th pick isn't that big, jesus...

Last game of the season you will have the same people saying we should tank and miss the playoffs LOL.

53 games into the season, 1 pt behind TOR, 3rd place in the Atlantic, more points than WASH and PENS, 8 pts ahead of the 2 teams chasing the last WC spot.

But yes lets finish 15th because who likes watching playoff hockey. F a Bruins or Toronto series. At least it will prove that MB is truely the clown in purple pants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad