Post-Game Talk: Need For Speed unlimited by both sides (Oilers 3-4 Habs)

POTG (03/02/2019)

• Total voters

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
And LA was a better team then Montreal at the begining of the season and now here we are with them battling for last. The point stands that BY POINTS we have more than those teams I mentioned. So shouldn't they tank to?
No, because you don't base ''tanking'' on how many points a team has in one given season. If that is the extent of your understanding here....

And why to we have to be "contenders" this year. There are probably 10 or more teams that will make the playoffs that aren't "contenders". The team doesn't have to go from 0-60.
Because if you think there is only one team in the East that's better than us, why the f***ing hell wouldn't you want us to go for it???

And I would take the habs against any team in the east not called Tampa. Not going to say they could 100% win but I think they would be competitive. This edition of the habs have shown all season long they are resilient and can bounce back, this isn't the 2014 team anymore. Give me Boston or Toronto. Lets see what happens on the ice.
Sure you would...because you're a Habs fan, not because you're having an objective opinion.

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Doing better than expected and being a good team are completely different things.

No doubt this team is either playing above their level, or were underrated, either way this team does have glaring weaknesses and struggling to beat 2 bad teams is telling.

We have a stretch coming up, next week I believe where we have 3, or 4 games against pretty good teams. Will definitely need to play well and only lose 1 in regulation to make it seem like this team might actually be able to eliminate someone in the playoffs.
Whatever happens in the next week doesn't change the successful 53 games the Habs have already played. At this point, it's fair to say they were underrated. That said, there's a chasm between a good regular season and making noise in the playoffs. I think they're good, but I'm not confident they're anywhere near the top teams.
Maybe this year is just mediocrity stacked on mediocrity.
I like this quote. I'm not sure what to call the many teams stacked together within two/three points of each other; maybe they are all mediocre. But at least the Habs are right there with them.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Carter Hart is getting closer to the Swede. If he keeps it up, he'll get it.

I would be very, very surprised.

lots of goalies come in like a house on fire and then fade. plus he joined the team too late, no one gets an award for half a season of work.

the kid in vancouver is killing it

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
What ? Weber is not a fighter, since 2012-2013, he fought Roussell, Boll, Sbisa, Cooke, Landeskog, Kadri and J.T Miller...

Lucic would eat him.
Lucic might eat Weber's fist. Weber's fought enough and has as much raw strength as anyone in the league.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Really? You think KK is having a better rookie season that what's his name? Seriously?
Having great skills without desire doesn't serve one well in the NHL. Petterson has the skills at 20yrs.old but lacks the fortitude necessary in the playoffs. Watched both his games when he was injured, certainly didn't appear to warrant the injury time he has incurred. Not much if any grit in his game, talent is obvious yet he has had two extra yrs. experience in the Swedish Hockey League(Pro's). Kotkaneimi has shown all the attributes necessary to become a star NHL player @ 18yrs. old. Also the Habs are breaking him in properly,u playing mostly 3rd line minutes. Jesperi looks to be the long awaited star center the Habs so dearly coveted the last two decades. Certainly adding Max Domi and Kotkaneimi in one summer along with Phil Danault has given the Habs great depth at center. With Ryan Poehling MVP at the WJHC's will make the Habs center ice position one of the best in the NHL next season IMHO!!!...:vhappy::vhappy::vhappy:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->