Need for Shutdown D- Guys to target

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Explain this to me, I'm wrong because he sought out the third doctor after he was bought out, then after that you say I'm wrong because he sought a third opinion out and then was bought out.

http://www.insidesocal.com/kings/2008/06/30/cloutier-update-3/

Are you going to accuse me of making this up, again?

Huh? You said he lost because an independent physician said he was healthy, which was not the case one bit. He got second and third opinions, which disagreed, and the NHL sided with the Kings. That's why you're wrong, because you're saying things that aren't correct.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Huh? You said he lost because an independent physician said he was healthy, which was not the case one bit. He got second and third opinions, which disagreed, and the NHL sided with the Kings. That's why you're wrong, because you're saying things that aren't correct.
Didn't Cloutier seek out a second opinion when he tried to fight being bought out?
Right. Either you don't know what a second opinion is or you're just revising what I've said to suit your own needs.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Right. Either you don't know what a second opinion is or you're just revising what I've said to suit your own needs.

I like how you left out the part where you said "He lost because he was cleared to play by an independent physician."(that's a direct quote, kids). That's the part I challenged, not that he did it, but that you don't even have the facts straight in your own ****** argument.

As it pertains to this argument, you're not wrong for pointing out Cloutier did it, but you're probably wrong for thinking it's remotely comparable. Cloutier was out $1 million by getting bought out, a player will probably fight for that. In this case, Souray might have to miss an extra month or two, where he'll still get paid, and can still practice with the team. There's an enormous difference there. And that's even ignoring the fact(which you've done a lot of) that you can not bring a player off the LTIR if you don't have the cap room. Like I said before, the PA could argue it all they want, but they can't force the Ducks to trade off another player or send someone down because Souray's healthy. And that is, of course, assuming he'd fight it, which is highly debatable.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
For instance, let's say the choices are send Magnus down and put Souray in the line-up, or buy Souray out and have Magnus take his spot. If you buy Souray out, it costs a little under $2.2 million(over two years) to send him packing, so as long as the salary of the guy replacing him is under $1.3 million, you're saving money.

At this point, only reason not to buy out Souray is because you think he makes the line-up better, and even then you still debate the cost part of it.

No decision has to be made until the season is over. It's not a midseason option. Magnus makes 894K. In that scenario you would save pocket change. And that's about the only scenario that saves you anything. I wouldn't get rid of him for that reason alone. If he is still one of out top 6 defenders at the end of the year you keep him or trade him maybe.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I like how you left out the part where you said "He lost because he was cleared to play by an independent physician."(that's a direct quote, kids). That's the part I challenged, not that he did it, but that you don't even have the facts straight in your own ****** argument.
You're right, that is a direct quote, kids. That's why I think that you don't know what a second opinion is. You see, a second opinion is when you seek out the opinion of a party independent of the first. The NHL didn't side with the third opinion that was brought in. They sided with the initial diagnosis and the independent one that was brought in after that. They didn't side with the third opinion that disagreed with the first two. Three comes after two.

:teach:

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
You're right, that is a direct quote, kids. That's why I think that you don't know what a second opinion is. You see, a second opinion is when you seek out the opinion of a party independent of the first. The NHL didn't side with the third opinion that was brought in. They sided with the initial diagnosis and the independent one that was brought in after that. They didn't side with the third opinion that disagreed with the first two. Three comes after two.

:teach:

I never denied that, you said he lost because he was declared healthy, and that wasn't the case at all. He lost because their league did their investigation and declared him healthy enough to be bought out, not as simple as "2 opinions beats 1".

It's fitting you've made this your hill to die on, though. We're basically arguing technicalities on a separate case that is completely different from any hypothetical Souray-LTIR scenario. It's fine by me, but definitely doesn't change the fact that when it comes to the LTIR, you have absolutely zero clue about any part of it.

Anyways, wouldn't likely matter anyway, as looking at the numbers, we'd probably be able to fit a $5 million salary under the cap by the time Souray got back, anyway.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I never denied that, you said he lost because he was declared healthy, and that wasn't the case at all. He lost because their league did their investigation and declared him healthy enough to be bought out, not as simple as "2 opinions beats 1".
No, I said that he lost because an independent party sided with the initial diagnosis that he was healthy enough to play. He finally found a doctor that would say that he wasn't healthy enough to play, and hoped that would be good enough for the league to disregard the opinions of the first two doctors.

It's fitting you've made this your hill to die on, though.
I'm arguing this because you accused me of lying. That's why I'm not engaging you in any other debate, and why that will continue to be the case after this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->