Need a street hockey stick

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
Make sure you're using an ABS blade, it's about as durable as it's going to get for street hockey.

If you're still running through blades like crazy you may want to look into a shaft. Theyre cheaper in the long run but honestlly not by much when you can find a cheap ABS for $12-$15.

I use the easton Ultra-ABS. Theyre $14 around here and are tanks, I've never seen one break and have been using one for 8 months now, granted the blade has been really bad over the past 3 months. But at that price it's more than affordable.

Just make sure it's ABS and that you're using the correct lie, otherwise you'll notice alot of wear near the heel of the blade. Check if that's where most of your wear is before you buy a new stick.

windflare

May 31, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Make sure you're using an ABS blade, it's about as durable as it's going to get for street hockey.

If you're still running through blades like crazy you may want to look into a shaft. Theyre cheaper in the long run but honestlly not by much when you can find a cheap ABS for $12-$15.

I use the easton Ultra-ABS. Theyre $14 around here and are tanks, I've never seen one break and have been using one for 8 months now, granted the blade has been really bad over the past 3 months. But at that price it's more than affordable.

Just make sure it's ABS and that you're using the correct lie, otherwise you'll notice alot of wear near the heel of the blade. Check if that's where most of your wear is before you buy a new stick.

Bauer One30 is a good one, but the blade gets soft. If you can, try to find some Montreal sticks with ABS blades - they are tanks. Koho Crossover 2260s are also good ones. Another good path to go is to get a cheap shaft and put in some ABS blades.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
I have a Easton Typhoon, and the blade has been good for about a year and a half now.

ABS blades are good too.

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
Since I am very poor, I use whatever I can find, but I like the Koho Revolution sticks. In the States I can usually get one for about 12 to 15 bucks, and its sturdy enough to last for a while. However, the wear of the blade depends so much on the surface. if you're playing on rough asphalt, there is not much you can do to preserve the blade, no matter what you use.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad