Need a Raiders Sticky

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
I'm originally from Pittsburgh, so I didn't root for the Raiders. Never.

That said, after the whole Antonio Brown fiasco, I find myself supporting the Raiders more and more. In fact, with the Raiders coming to town next year, I better get myself at least familiar with the team. (I had hoped that the Chargers would have come to Las Vegas, instead, but don't get me started.)

I don't have any facial tattoos, have never contacted a bail bondsman, and don't have any metal piercings. So, I know I'm not held in high regard by Raiders Nation.

That said, we should have a sane outlet for the Raiders news here. Oh, well, we must at least resign ourselves to the inevitable onslaught.

Last edited:

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
The ultimate case of bringing way too much baggage with you. Why Foley's comments about Vegas having to get an expansion team rings so true.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
It's better for the Knights that the Raiders can bring in a ton of fans from out of town for support and the locals can concentrate more on the Knights.

That said I think I've become a Raider fan since they were moving here.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
I was a lifelong Chargers fan until they moved. Now, as an NFL free agent, I watch objectively and I'm okay with that. You can never convince me to love a team that I've hated then felt sorry for for decades. At best, I will watch objectively. But a league which has already decided its champion has little drama to offer. That and the myriad of legal problems with an old school group of men trying to exist in the modern world (see Brown, Antonio) makes it easier for me to have nothing more than a passing local interest in the Raiders and the NFL. My Sundays will be better spent going forward.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
I was a lifelong Chargers fan until they moved. Now, as an NFL free agent, I watch objectively and I'm okay with that. You can never convince me to love a team that I've hated then felt sorry for for decades. At best, I will watch objectively. But a league which has already decided its champion has little drama to offer. That and the myriad of legal problems with an old school group of men trying to exist in the modern world (see Brown, Antonio) makes it easier for me to have nothing more than a passing local interest in the Raiders and the NFL. My Sundays will be better spent going forward.
Not to mention who knows where Raiders will play 30 years from now.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I didn't mind the Brown release because I drafted Tyrell Williams really late in my fantasy league and it looks like that pick might bring extreme value now.

Besides, the Brown trade was stupid...I still don't get it. If you trade away the best defensive player in the league in his prime you are by definition rebuilding. So why would you trade draft picks for a WR in his 30's?

As far as the first game, Mayock's first rounders did look good and this team looks like it might be better than expected. However, I think it might be better if the team can get another super high draft pick this year to upgrade that QB position.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Only place Raiders would ever entertain moving is LA it say the Chargers left but fat chance of that happening. The Raiders are getting a palace that will be a top 10 stadium for quite awhile, can't see them wanting out. The Oakland stadium has long been a joke, this one is not.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
The Raiders are a premier NFL franchise by name recognition and fan base (as well as on field) and they have not had a premier stadium until Vegas. I think they are not leaving, this is a place that is easy to travel for a fanbase that spans at least region wide.

GKG18

Expansion Fan
Jun 25, 2016
Hendertucky
The Raiders are a premier NFL franchise by name recognition and fan base (as well as on field) and they have not had a premier stadium until Vegas. I think they are not leaving, this is a place that is easy to travel for a fanbase that spans at least region wide.
Ummm...

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

Historically speaking. Lol.

They have more Super Bowls and title game appearances than a lot of teams. Their divisional titles are also more than many.

The decade and a half since their Super Bowl appearance have not looked good though.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Vegas was so eager to throw money at the Raiders that I doubt they leave in 20 years. LA and Oakland didn’t try that hard to keep them.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
I didn’t care much for the Raiders the last couple of years even when I knew they were moving. But I dislike Antonio Brown enough that it makes me want to see the team succeed without him.

Antonio said he was free. Free from what? The tens of millions of dollars the Raiders were going to pay him? It’s incredible that he suggested the team treated him poorly. The team was more lenient with him than they would have been with a lot of other players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad