Need a new Goalie Stick

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
I broke my stick after a absolutly brutal 10-3 loss (****ing lazing Wingers :rant:). I had a Bauer One 40 Composite, and it was good for me cuase I like flex on my stick, but I'm just wondering what some people use as their Goalie stick, I'm in no rush to buy a new one (My team has a period of 1 game in two weeks).

I play Midget Teir 3, and I'd like to keep it under $150.

Thanks, CooperDean

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ
I'm not a good goalie but I love the Sheerwood 7000. it's almost as light as the one40 and at half the price.

densetsu

I'm a fan of both the Sherwood 9950 and 5030 (not to be confused with the "full-composite 5030"). These two foam-core sticks are very similar, the most noticeable difference being that the 9950 is significantly stiffer than the 5030. Either stick will last me a season, though like any wood stick they'll lose their flex over the course of a season. In total, I've gone through 4 of these sticks in the last 5 seasons... 1 stick broke in half when taking a shot off the shaft, and the other 3 sticks I just retired because they lost their flex.

Sounds like you like flex for your shots, so I'll throw out a recommendation for the 5030. The 9950 is a bit more expensive, but you can buy a pair of either model for under $150.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad