Confirmed with Link: Ned Re-signs - 2-Year 2-Way Deal ( $725K @ NHL/$70K @ AHL, becomes $750K 1-way in 2020-21)

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Count down to Darling buyout:

giphy.gif

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014

Ned has signed.

2 years at $725k/$750k. Ned is actually getting paid less than his ELC (edit: wrong - in real $$ Ned will make more, just lower Cap). Canes hivemind is not f***ing around. I assumed Ned would at least get a little bump up to $1 million after the Calder Cup and AHL goalie of the year award.

Now let's see that Darling buyout.

Last edited:

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
2 years at $725k/$750k. Ned is actually getting paid less than his ELC. Canes hivemind is not ****ing around. I assumed Ned would at least get a little bump up to $1 million after the Calder Cup and AHL goalie of the year award.

Now let's see that Darling buyout.

This contract will pay out quite a bit more than his ELC did, actually.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
This contract will pay out quite a bit more than his ELC did, actually.

Yeah I get the AHL salary $70k bit. I worded it poorly, my point being that if Nedeljkovic proves to be a solid 1B/Backup next year then the Canes have a key piece signed near the Cap minimum for 2 years which. From a Cap perspective it is about as low as I can imagine it could have gone.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
A 2 year bridge deal close to the league minimum is a standard contract for an AHL goalie or young NHL backup coming out of entry level. Jarry, Subban, Sparks, Ullmark and countless others recieved a similar deal.

Alex Nedeljkovic Comparables Results - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Earlier this offseason, Vancouver did give Demko a 7 figure AAV, but they are the Canucks.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I really want Ned to win the starting job outright. I don't see a good reason why he couldn't. He's composed, he has big-game experience and we've seen him play well in an NHL game.

Not saying he'll come in and be a .920 goalie right off the bat. But I can't be the only one tired of the "goalie question" every offseason. We need to get some long-term stability there.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Not to get off-topic, but if there's a lockout, it's at least going to be very expensive for owners, the way *every* player is structuring their contracts the past two summers.
Not *every*, only those who got the leverage for it, and even they as a rule got a noticeable dip in overall salary for both 2020-21 and 2022-23.

Reactions: Unsustainable

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
I really want Ned to win the starting job outright. I don't see a good reason why he couldn't. He's composed, he has big-game experience and we've seen him play well in an NHL game.

Not saying he'll come in and be a .920 goalie right off the bat. But I can't be the only one tired of the "goalie question" every offseason. We need to get some long-term stability there.
He could win it outright or he could also be sent back to Charlotte before preseason ends. His style of goaltending is pretty unpredictable, a lot like Mrazek, except he doesn't have the size and Mrazek isn't exactly huge himself. He'll have to play extremely well to win the starters job outright.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
He could win it outright or he could also be sent back to Charlotte before preseason ends. His style of goaltending is pretty unpredictable, a lot like Mrazek, except he doesn't have the size and Mrazek isn't exactly huge himself. He'll have to play extremely well to win the starters job outright.

From what I've seen of Ned I have a hard time squaring this comment. I know he has a rep as a small/athletic type but from what I saw during the Checkers' playoff run he is pretty composed and stays fundamental. I don't think he overly relies on his athletic ability to make saves nearly as much as a guy like Mrazek, who is kind of all over the place.

I'm not gonna sit here and lie and say I saw every Checkers game for the past two years though.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00