Prospect Info: Necas or Zykov...who is better?

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Lower line checking center, with enough puck skill not to be a complete black hole like a lot of guys in that role. Not overly physical or a fighter, he's more of a modern defensive center with skating and stick position as his best friends. He'll pick up points as long as Svech stays on his line, but of course that won't last much longer. I don't see a ton of upside, but he seems like a plug-and-play option on the bottom line and PK.
ok thats about what i thought. i always saw him as a smart 4th line 2 way center. his shot also looks weirdly good from what ive seen of it. very solid 4c.

tigerman67

May 30, 2010
Lulea
ok thats about what i thought. i always saw him as a smart 4th line 2 way center. his shot also looks weirdly good from what ive seen of it. very solid 4c.
While playing in Sweden he controlled the #1PP, and was really good at finding team mates with nifty passes, right on the blades. Excellent wrist shot as a 2nd threat, could've used it more often though. I guess the main thing is that at NHL level, there are guys, eg. like Aho, being even better and faster so he won't see much PP time, but for sure he can do that if needed. Good hands and a bright head has always been his main assets. Reliable on the face-offs also.

His main issue as a junior was his skating speed, if there ever was something that'd hold him out of NHL that was it. But he seems to have improved a lot with the Checkers. Not the fastest guy out there still but at least now seems to be good enough. Also, what he lacks in speed he makes up with IQ, he's rarely caught out of place. So all in all I agree he fits well as a bottom 6 C that can shave a fair amount of minutes off the top lines work load without losing much offensive capacity. And definitely won't leak in his own end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad