Necas and Fleury to Checkers--Bishop up

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
LavishShallowCats-size_restricted.gif

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Checkers don’t play till Friday so it doesn’t seem like just a paper move to get Necas/Fleury an extra game.

They will probably make their next move tomorrow when PDG either does or doesn’t clear waivers. I’m good with letting Fleury/Necas develop in the AHL and cementing Zykov’s roster spot. They now just need to find the right fit for Necas’s spot until Rask is ready.

Last edited:

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
That's definitely not what I expected in any way. It's probably best for Fleury since he's not getting in right now. It's not a bad thing for Necas either if they clearly don't trust him. I thought he looked a bit better that last couple of games, but nothing wrong with him hopefully carrying that play into some production and playing time in Charlotte. Bishop being called up is mildly surprising, but at least there's no worries if he's playing 6-10 minutes, and he can probably be a decent role player. I've found the love affair with Roy to be a bit much, so I don't really care that it's not him. If he plays well enough, he'll get his shot, but I'm glad to see they aren't making decisions off of one good weekend. Let Roy, Kuokkanen, et al. that hopefully have higher upsides keep honing their skills in Charlotte for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->