Value of: Neal Pionk

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Would I move Pionk? Yeah if the return was right. I'd move DeAngelo too but he might cost a little more.
Why in your right mind would you do this. First, we just started a rebuild. Why would you trade them when we have 2 or 3 tradable veteran defensemen? Second, their value is lower right now, because they aren’t at their full potential yet. So trading for these guys would carry a greater risk for GMs.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
The Rangers have used Pionk a lot on the PK this year and that's a struggle for him. Conversely they haven't used DeAngelo hardly at all on the PK. They both have defensive issues. Pionk's kind of fallen off a cliff the last month or so--his confidence is kind of **** right now. Potentially Pionk turns into something like a Torey Krug in time and it took time and ups and downs for Krug to develop to what he is today. With patience Pionk could get to a similar place as Krug--a lot of Rangers fans though--even those vociferously for a rebuild despite all that don't IMO seem to have a whole lot of patience. While Pionk has been down DeAngelo has upped his game quite a lot recently and is playing very very well--he still doesn't see much pk time but his defensive game otherwise has gotten much better. He is playing with confidence.

Would I move Pionk? Yeah if the return was right. I'd move DeAngelo too but he might cost a little more.

Would be absolutely INSANE to move DeAngelo.

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Would be absolutely INSANE to move DeAngelo.
I wouldn't go that far. If the return was right, the Rangers would move Tony in a second. He is highly skilled, but makes lots of dumb plays and missed assignments.
I think he is in a good situation with Quinn and will learn the right way to play, but if the return is good enough, he goes.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I like the kid but he is not an NHL caliber defenseman. That said, I wouldn't just give him away for a late round pick but if EDM wants to do a swap for him and Poolyarvy I would definitely do that.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
FWIW DeAngelo is a long way from becoming a legit 1st pairing defenseman and guys like that absolutely are tradable. Everything always depends on what you get back.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
I wouldn't go that far. If the return was right, the Rangers would move Tony in a second. He is highly skilled, but makes lots of dumb plays and missed assignments.
I think he is in a good situation with Quinn and will learn the right way to play, but if the return is good enough, he goes.

This is his first complete season in the NHL, he is going to make dumb plays on occasion. I think he has been the best Ranger defender this season. He should stay over Pionk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->