Player Discussion Neal Pionk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
No, I'm not up in arms at all.
I very aware of what type of game Pionk brings, not knocking him at all but with the current status of the team, I feel like they should be bringing up a more defensive minded D.
They gave up 7 goals last night.
I hardly see how that would be an outlandish request..
Helps the tank
Not really but Pionk isn't too shabby in his own end
I think Graves also gets a call up this year

After the TDL
McD-ADA
Skjei-Shatty if he's back I can't remember how long he's out for
Staal-Pionk
Graves
With Graves and Pionk rotating?

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I praised his play in Hartford in all the recent games, so I'm glad to see this. He may not be ready yet for great responsibility, but could be useful in sheltered minutes.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
No, I'm not up in arms at all.
I very aware of what type of game Pionk brings, not knocking him at all but with the current status of the team, I feel like they should be bringing up a more defensive minded D.
They gave up 7 goals last night.
I hardly see how that would be an outlandish request..

I'd get your point if it was Gilmour that was called up who's widely known as offensive defenseman whose game on a defensive side is more suspect. However, since this is Pionk vs Graves, I do not see it as a factor.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Great move. Thought he was the best of the young defensemen by far in camp, happy to see him up.

Trade McD, trade Holden, let Smith figure out his game in HFD (or get claimed) and try again next year.

For the rest of the year, run with:

Skjei-ADA
Staal-Pionk
Graves-Shattenkirk
(Depending on trade returns of course.)

Yes, you'll lose (that's going to happen anyway), and maybe one or more of the kids will go back down to the minors next year, but they'll get good experience and you can get a better sense of where they stand.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Think Pionk made it over Gilmour due to handiness not Graves. Although I like all three, especially Pionk.

Does Gorton want to see what he have in Pionk before making a trade for another RD, say someone named Frederick something?

Reactions: kovazub94

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Think Pionk made it over Gilmour due to handiness not Graves. Although I like all three, especially Pionk.

Does Gorton want to see what he have in Pionk before making a trade for another RD, say someone named Frederick something?

Gilmour sucks. Turnovers on pretty much every shift. No way he'd get called up. We'll start losing 6-1. Oh wait...

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If Smith does end up getting sent down and Staal isn’t back, our 6 D are McDonagh, Skjei, Holden, DeAngelo, Kampfer, and Pionk.

3 lefties and 3 righties. Which begs the question: are they planning on moving Holden off the first pair? None of the 3 RHDs play the left side to my knowledge.

Or maybe we will get another call-up after Smith gets sent down?

In the spirit of rebuilding, I’d love to see

McDonagh-DeAngelo
Skjei-Pionk
Graves-Holden

Just to see where we are with those guys.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
Yeah McD is so garbage lol

Guy sucks this year. I know he’s injured, but his game has slowed down tremendously, and he’s been banged up over the years. Sell while we still can.

Youth. Youth. Youth.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Guy sucks this year. I know he’s injured, but his game has slowed down tremendously, and he’s been banged up over the years. Sell while we still can.

Youth. Youth. Youth.

He hasn't been himself but he's not garbage and he definitely doesn't suck.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

ZiGOODejad

intangibles
Nov 30, 2013
well deserved I really liked his training camp and thought he should be in line for a call up

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
excited to see Pionk. Don't wanna strip the Pack of all their d men especially since team has been playing better as of late but looking forward to seeing a Graves for Kampfer swap

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I'm very surprised that this is the case. Is it just for a single game that we can do that?

A player being waived just means they are being offered to the other teams in the league for free. It isn't an automatic demotion to the AHL. If the player clears waivers, it's up to the team whether or not they want to send the player down. If the player isn't sent down and spends 10 games or 30 days on the roster, the player has to clear waivers again before he can be sent down.

It doesn't happen that often, but often enough.

Reactions: Off Sides

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
I hope they don't call up too many guys too quickly before Tuesday and Wednesday, since that's when the Wolfpack will be here in Hartford.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
After clearing waivers, the Rangers have 30 days to send him down to Hartford before they'd have to put him on waivers again.

A player being waived just means they are being offered to the other teams in the league for free. It isn't an automatic demotion to the AHL. If the player clears waivers, it's up to the team whether or not they want to send the player down. If the player isn't sent down and spends 10 games or 30 days on the roster, the player has to clear waivers again before he can be sent down.

It doesn't happen that often, but often enough.

The more you know.

I assume that his cap hit stays the same until he is assigned to an AHL team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad