Injury Report: Neal and Stoner start inaguaral season on the shelf

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Curious what the Stoner injury is since he was able to play in three preseason games.

To be honest, I think Clayton Stoner is on Robidas Island.
I'm guessing McPhee told him he wasn't going to make the team, and that no one would claim him on waivers if he sent him down. So Stoner is "injured" and gets to stay in Vegas and collect his paycheck while the logjam on D is sorted out, rather than riding buses in the AHL.

Reactions: McDonald19

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
If the league believes that is so, they can demand a "second opinion" on his situation (as they did for Lupul and Hossa in the past couple of weeks).

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
If the league believes that is so, they can demand a "second opinion" on his situation (as they did for Lupul and Hossa in the past couple of weeks).

Correct me if I'm wrong but only Lupul got a second opinion from an independent party - and only after his Instagram comment where he said the Leafs cheat. Hossa was still under the first review from the NHL themselves, and I'm sure that had to do with the Hawks being at the cap and trying to use LTIR.

Honestly, I don't see the Knights using LTIR for Stoner - he did play in those preseason games, but he also still hasn't played a regular season game since November of last year. Maybe he didn't feel all that great during the preseason? Either way, once we finally trade a d-man, I can see him maybe getting a "conditioning stint" with the Wolves, but I have a hard time seeing him on the Knights roster before the trade deadline - which is a shame, because I didn't think he looked so bad in the preseason.

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Hossa got evaluated by league doctors with relation to that LTIR move as well.

That's what I was referring to. Lupul got a "second opinion" from a non-NHL doctor, and they still found no wrongdoing.

All I'm really saying is that if a team wants you to be injured, you'll be injured. Teams have been using it for a while now, so why should we be any different? ;)

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
https://www.nhl.com/goldenknights/n...ounce-several-roster-transactions/c-291538644

Injured non-roster list always confused me. I think it's "like" IR, but player may have arrived for camp unable to play. Might be "off season LTIR".

To be eligible for Injured Non-Roster requires:
a) That the player failed the initial physical at the start of training camp, And
b) The player did not finish the previous season on Injured Reserve for that same injury. (if so, then the player is eligible to go on regular Injured Reserve instead of Injured Non-Roster)

The important difference between Injured Reserve (IR) and Injured Non-Roster (INR) is that IR requires the player to miss a minimum of 7 days, while INR has no minimum period of time the player must miss. Which is why Vegas was able to activate Neal off the Injured Non-Roster list for game 1.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad