ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
"... If you know what I mean..."

94e.gif

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
We won't get a new arena until 2027 at the earliest. That's what I heard on tsn1200.

Everything in Ottawa & Sensland is slow. New arena, signing players, trading players at the last hour, LRT.... We live in a slow town where everything gets done at a snails pace.

Last edited:
Reactions: NB613 and Daffy

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
We won't get a new arena until 2027 at the earliest. That's what I heard on tsn1200.

Everything in Ottawa & Sensland is slow. New arena, signing players, trading players at the last hour, LRT.... We live in a slow town where everything gets done at a snails pace.
Yeah I’m sick of it. Only thing keeping me in Ottawa at this point is my aging parents. It’s a city that wants to be big but is held back by everything. There’s no hope. That’s probably the last straw for me with this city. All I want to watch is the Senators play hockey downtown. From the beginning of this process it will likely be 12+ f***ing years to develop a shitty piece of land that has NOTHING ON IT RIGHT NOW.

Last edited:

hawthy

Mar 31, 2010
Ottawa
If I’m not mistaken they are starting on the eastern portion, from what I heard briefly. Since the arena was planned for the western portion of the land, sounds like they’ll be building in that direction. Hopefully there’s new ownership in place by then.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Going to miss that window of "unparalleled success..."

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That's ok.

Take your time and do it right. Make sure the land is clean and safe, and that whatever is built there becomes a showcase for the city. Make it something everyone is proud of. And this extra time also helps regarding the LRT delays....last thing we want is the arena built and open, but no way to get there (or not enough people along connecting routes to get there easily).

Besides, the more time it takes, the better the chance that Eugene gets starved out (and hopefully has to sell).

RealSpartan

Nov 2, 2016
It's not the city's fault that Melnyk botched the opportunity given to him. If he didn't we'd be digging soon. Let's keep the finger pointed where it belongs.

It's also not the city's fault there are more layers of bureaucracy here than almost anywhere else whose proved must be followed and whose blessing is required before any development can proceed.

Lebreton is nationally significant swampland. All Canadians need to approve what goes there. You don't have to like it but if you expect it to change you should start packing your bags.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Timeline sucks for you guys, and why doesn't the NCC just open up the bid for all options (1 big one or 5 separate pieces) ?
Splitting it up could work, but at least leave all options open. If Devcore and/or Trinity make a viable bid for the whole thing, why now ?

I think the Senators need to move Downtown sooner rather than later, 9 years down the line sounds like such a pain.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
They'll probably never move under Melnyk but if he sells or gets to the point where he can't pay the bills, then things could happen quite quickly. Just a waiting game at this point.

SPF6ty9

Feb 22, 2016
Caca Poopoo Peepee Shire
Timeline sucks for you guys, and why doesn't the NCC just open up the bid for all options (1 big one or 5 separate pieces) ?
Splitting it up could work, but at least leave all options open. If Devcore and/or Trinity make a viable bid for the whole thing, why now ?

I think the Senators need to move Downtown sooner rather than later, 9 years down the line sounds like such a pain.

Prior to all this drama, the team was drawing fine at the CTC and had been for years. The excitement from a new owner coming in or the team starting to win again I think would trump travel inconvenience. There's no question the building can physically last 9 years if needed. If Melnyk GsTFO then I wouldn't be worried about the Sens in Kanata for the near future although I would much prefer downtown.

When the whole rink downtown thing first started, the timeline was still kind of early in the CTCs lifespan. Now it seems like if it's going to happen it will be when the Sens will have to seriously start looking into new options. Just need to hope Melnyk isn't around by then to f*** things up like he always does.

Dale Gribble

Feb 9, 2019
Prior to all this drama, the team was drawing fine at the CTC and had been for years. The excitement from a new owner coming in or the team starting to win again I think would trump travel inconvenience. There's no question the building can physically last 9 years if needed. If Melnyk GsTFO then I wouldn't be worried about the Sens in Kanata for the near future although I would much prefer downtown.

When the whole rink downtown thing first started, the timeline was still kind of early in the CTCs lifespan. Now it seems like if it's going to happen it will be when the Sens will have to seriously start looking into new options. Just need to hope Melnyk isn't around by then to **** things up like he always does.
Just a waiting game now I suppose.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Probably for the best anyway. The NHL still needs a few more years of pressuring governments for tax breaks as part of their standard operating procedure. And the arena is going to need a really well functioning LRT with all the bugs ironed out. If SNC Lavalin can no longer bid on govt contracts, i hope fixing all the issues with that doesnt become problematic too.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If I’m not mistaken they are starting on the eastern portion, from what I heard briefly. Since the arena was planned for the western portion of the land, sounds like they’ll be building in that direction. Hopefully there’s new ownership in place by then.

Only way it gets done. The city is being held hostage, its depressing.

Reactions: hawthy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad